2014 pro 800

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Is it to early to ask if anyone knows anything about the 2014 pro 800 engine? I heard that Polaris may come out with a direct injection engine?! Anyone?:confused:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it to early to ask if anyone knows anything about the 2014 pro 800 engine? I heard that Polaris may come out with a direct injection engine?! Anyone?:confused:
That seems to be the most likely big change for next year. There will certainly be minor tweaks to the belt drive system, and drive shaft obviously. If Polaris can put together an engine even nearly as good as the ETEC, that will be one hell of a sled. Still a little early to know for sure though.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they will make it even lighter so more parts break if they want more of the market they better start talking to there engineers take the sleds out to the mountains and drive the hell out of them then if nothing breaks sell them to the public. there so set on bullshitting us and spending millions on marketing about how light the sled is they forgot to make a reliable sled. go back to the year of the new 900 they said they tested the sled in all conditions bullch!t rode with guys that snow checked them everyone would have choked the ch!t out of polaris rep on the hill.we were up at eagles pass and one guy melted the side panels, clutch problems every time we stopped they were having some sort of problems one guy was going to burn his on the side of the trail he was so mad. there like all big manufactures today build it and make they poor consumer be the testing department, polaris please take all the money you use all your bullch!t marketing and make a reliable sled this has being going on for way to many years.i have been riding polaris sleds since 1980 your products were great up to 2000 and from then on every year we see problem after problem. i own a 2007 dragon and it has been a great sled every year that i go to snow check i have held back i will not snow check another sled after seeing all the problem the people on snow and mud have had from engine failure panels not fitting and now front end part falling off and drive shafts breaking. for 2014 build 100 sleds that you will sell to the public take them to the mountains and give them to some riders for the weekend if they break fix them so they won't break. a 417 pound sled sounds, handles,and looks great but if it sits on the side of the trail or at the dealers getting fixed more then it's being ridden you can keep it at the dealers to look pretty, because when i go to the mountain i want to ride not turn wrenches.

snowhunter

Reaction score
I've got one of these unreliable 2013 pros that's to light and will only break yet somehow at 400 miles of tough riding with a 250 pound guy riding it like he was 150 pounds and 20 again and it hasn't missed a beat my fav sled I've had in the last 6 I clamped the shaft before I rode it and the rest is awesome every new sled out there is awesome and they all have issues so let's all just ride :)

wombat

Reaction score
It's an all new chassis, twin tracks. Demo sleds are currently in circulation.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they will make it even lighter so more parts break if they want more of the market they better start talking to there engineers take the sleds out to the mountains and drive the hell out of them then if nothing breaks sell them to the public. there so set on bullshitting us and spending millions on marketing about how light the sled is they forgot to make a reliable sled. go back to the year of the new 900 they said they tested the sled in all conditions bullch!t rode with guys that snow checked them everyone would have choked the ch!t out of polaris rep on the hill.we were up at eagles pass and one guy melted the side panels, clutch problems every time we stopped they were having some sort of problems one guy was going to burn his on the side of the trail he was so mad. there like all big manufactures today build it and make they poor consumer be the testing department, polaris please take all the money you use all your bullch!t marketing and make a reliable sled this has being going on for way to many years.i have been riding polaris sleds since 1980 your products were great up to 2000 and from then on every year we see problem after problem. i own a 2007 dragon and it has been a great sled every year that i go to snow check i have held back i will not snow check another sled after seeing all the problem the people on snow and mud have had from engine failure panels not fitting and now front end part falling off and drive shafts breaking. for 2014 build 100 sleds that you will sell to the public take them to the mountains and give them to some riders for the weekend if they break fix them so they won't break. a 417 pound sled sounds, handles,and looks great but if it sits on the side of the trail or at the dealers getting fixed more then it's being ridden you can keep it at the dealers to look pretty, because when i go to the mountain i want to ride not turn wrenches.

I have a 2012 and I have had zero problems so far with my sled. There was one recall, for the possibility of the oil line rubbing on something, but that was fixed quickly by my dealer. To be honest, I'm not sure what they do with their testing. If you go watch some of the Schooled movies, or Burandt's Backcountry Adventure movies, you see those guys riding the next year's sleds. So they are testing them, and testing them hard. However, in BBA 12, I didn't see them riding any of the 2013 machines. If anyone is going to test your machine and break it, it will be Sahen Skinner.

wombat

Reaction score
And for what it's worth I love my 13. Yes I have broken a drive belt. That's why I bring a spare. I also carried a spare chain in trailer when I ran a chain case. Stuff breaks. Period. There are a lot more guys out there enjoying trouble free riding days than there are people breaking stuff. They just don't bother to come on here and post. It's best sled you can buy. I ride with a xm as well. No way I would reconsider. Regardless of potential issues.

• Love
Reactions: cs5

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Let's not turn this thread into a negative rant please. I am impressed with my pro and have enjoyed it alot! Best sled I've owned by far! Just curious if there is anyone with some insight for 2014. It's exciting to think what the pro is capable of with a 160 hp + Powerplant! I agree that there are far more pros without problems than those that have had problems. Great sled!

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry man, can't agree, sounds like you should be a Yamaha man, they never break and run forever, nothing in your hands but handgrips and sammiches.
Me, I like how Doo and Poo are giving us the new light high HP mountain sleds, they are a hoot and the performance is awesome, so yeah, gonna be some issues. Sucks to be that guy but sure fun when they work and the issues get fixed. And with the sales # 's of Xm's and Pro's, warts and all, the message is loud and clear.
Also, I had a ton of poo, Doo, cat before 2000 and they all had their issues then too. Take one of them along with ya next time u go to the steep and deep and see how they do.
If they can keep improving the XM and Pro, we win more, Cat, not sure what's goin on there they need a major rethink IMO.

lorne1176

Reaction score
It's an all new chassis, twin tracks. Demo sleds are currently in circulation.

I call BS on that one. Poo has been so concerned cutting weight the last couple years. To make twin tracks would require another set of rails adding weight .....makes absolutely no sense.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call BS on that one. Poo has been so concerned cutting weight the last couple years. To make twin tracks would require another set of rails adding weight .....makes absolutely no sense.

You could say that about a new power plant as well. You cant have an engine like the etec without adding a bunch of weight and supports for the extra power.

Lanko

Reaction score
You could say that about a new power plant as well. You cant have an engine like the etec without adding a bunch of weight and supports for the extra power.

So naturally guys who are putting big bores and turbos on the Pros must also be adding "weight and supports for the extra power", makes perfect sense to me?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Different driveshaft.. and that is all.. engine is fine

Oh and maybe a big IDIOT sticker for those who need to read break-in procedures

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engine is fine, but they need to keep improving. The ETEC is the best engine out there, and now with what BRP has done with the XM chassis that Summit is certainly a very good machine. If Polaris can come up with a more powerful engine in the same lightweight, maneuverable chassis, it will be very hard to beat.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
These engines need to be more reliable and more powerful, I just blew up my 11 pro with only 2000 km on it, no warning. Kind of ridiculous that a guy can barely get 2000 k before needing a rebuild.

css

Reaction score
I think a 660 pro would be the ticket, to this day my carles cycle 660 was the best and most reliable engine i ever had in a sled. lots of power, super responsive and has the same short stroke of the 600 that will make this sled even more "flickable". With this motor in a pro chassis there would be no need for a 800 IMO

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I foresee a factory turbo option. Polaris is missing out on a huge market. Maybe that's why they have been pushing the weight thing. Get the weight down, so you can add a turbo setup, and still be on par with everyone else. They rock with a little boost. Just saying.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I foresee a factory turbo option. Polaris is missing out on a huge market. Maybe that's why they have been pushing the weight thing. Get the weight down, so you can add a turbo setup, and still be on par with everyone else. They rock with a little boost. Just saying.

A factory turbo 2 stroke? I don't see it.. Maybe a 4 stroke but then you just gaining weight and such.

Top Bottom