2014 M8000 Clutching Info

sled obsessed

Reaction score
Alright guys, I need some good intel on a clutch setup for my 2014 M8000 162". I have searched the threads and there is not really a comprehensive discussion or a consensus on ideal setups.

Picked up the sled last year and the only thing I don't like about is how hot the clutches run (esp. long on/off throttle pulls). Planning to drop some coin in the fall but not sure what to get. The parts/kits I am considering are listed below. I am hoping people can provide some decent reviews on the quality/performance/value for money of the products.

1) Bikeman Performance Stage 2 High Alt Clutch Kit - 06-13-106
2) Thunder Products - 911 response clutch cover.
3) Team Tied Roller Secondary (alone) or a whole kit from Team including the secondary.
4) The 2016 Team clutches from Arctic Cat

Looking forward to reading how people made out with the above products or any others that might be a good idea.

Thanks,

Dan

• Recommends
Reactions: mtm

sled obsessed

Reaction score
It appears to me that the TSS clutch kit is pretty much the same thing as the Bikeman one?

Also the Rapid Reaction clutch on the 2016 does not seem to be a roller secondary like the Tied one. Assuming the Tied secondary will be a better one than the Rapid Reaction?

Dustylane

Reaction score
I ran the Bikeman Torrsional Secondary on my 14' 162 last year, it didnt seem to be any different then stock, I talked to Deano at Madd Motorsports and he suggested going to the 911 Thunder products setup as he tested it last year and seemed to be a heavy hitter, Deano did amazing work on my 09' xp so my Cat will be going to him for his setup in a couple of weeks. I would give him a shout and see what he has to say!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't run any Bikeman stuff, so not much helps here. However, I can shed some light on some of the other product...
- 911 Cover is an excellent piece, run them on all of my Cats. Much less tower flex / binding. These are not a "bolt on" product, you will need to have your clutch balanced after installation. On the 800, I use a Dalton aqua/blk spring and adjustable weights - this will vary depending on rider weight and elevation.
- Tied secondary is also good, but I wouldn't necessarily use Team's recommendations. PM me for details.
- 2016 clutches will require you to replace your jackshaft as well, so plan on additional costs if you go that route. Seems to me the top gear in the chaincase is also different with the 2016 jackshaft.
Hope this helps.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If cooling is what your after I like the mtntek blow hole I put on my 2 14's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

readymedic

Reaction score
Go with MDS clutching. Talk to Steve, he is the man. I have his set up on my 14 HCR for 0-3000 and up to 10000'.
Awesome adjustable weights!!!!

dane709

Reaction score
911 primary cover is a must and got the Racin station to set me up with a team tied secondary . Eric was an awesome guy to deal with and I had the parts fast !!

Top Bottom