2014 M8000 bogs out and dies

Scotthw

Reaction score
I resently just bought a 2014 m8000 limited that was sitting for 2 years anyways some times around that 4000-5000 rpm mark it will bog out and if i dont let off the throttle it will die out but if i do let off the throttle and let it come back down to idle and give it again it will some times go good or bog out again im guessing something needs to be cleaned but where do i begin other then this it runs perfect

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
8ec716fa21c65faa5fa15295c9cce6fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

readimedic

Reaction score
How does it idle? Have you tried running it on a stand? Not under load..
First of all, get rid of the old gas, priority 1!!! New plugs. 2 years sitting is along time. Fresh everything up..
If has had gas in for that long, the fuel pickups might be gummed up. Definitely a fuel issue.

Scotthw

Reaction score
It idles fine starts right up to but i havent ran it on a stand i have already burnt a tank and a half through it so i would guess it should been gone as it only showed two bars on the screen when i bought it i also pulled the fuel pump out and squished and realised the smart valves in the tank to losen them up if they where gumbed up but it didnt help i will get new plugs for it this week also could it be sticking power valves or no?

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power valves don't open till 7000.

I read a post a while back on snowest where the a guy removed the tank pickups, or removed guys maybe?, because they were closing up on him. Even did this to a newer sled to prevent the reoccurrence. Search it up over there

powder dreams

Reaction score
Something easy to check that I believe was my issue is the throttle safety switch. Easy to take the throttle block apart and unplug it. It might not be moving right to hit the micro switch. You can also try minipulating the pin to try and trip it by pushing/pulling on the pin for the flipper. But I'd still put some new plugs in it.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your tank vent working properly? Do you have pressure when you take your gas cap off?If the gas tank pressures up it will give the same symptoms that your explaining, happened to mine last year, some sediment or something got in the vent valve while it was upside down i figure and it would not vent anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotthw

Reaction score
Got her fixed guys ended up being the throttle safety switch i just disconected it for now is there some way to set them or do they just go bad and i have to replace it?

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got her fixed guys ended up being the throttle safety switch i just disconected it for now is there some way to set them or do they just go bad and i have to replace it?

If the cable tension was correct (that's your only adjustment) you can take it apart and clean it up, apply some contact cleaner or dielectric grease. If that doesn't cure it a new one should.

Top Bottom