2014 cat, yes there is a di 2 stroke

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So apparently cat did release a di motor for 2014 however it's just the rumored 600 not a new 800 (still using ho for 14) the yami four stroke replaces the 1100 na and the 1100 turbo remains however supposedly 18 pounds lighter. Clutches are improved for 14 (30 percent cooler) and new graphics as usual. Some changes for sure but nothing to impress our western market in my opinion.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Cats issues right now are motor related. It's the chassis and get on top of the snow ability. The motors are the strong point.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Cats issues right now are motor related. It's the chassis and get on top of the snow ability. The motors are the strong point.

i would agree with that. my dads m8 feels like its got good power, the delivery is a little sluggish but its there. but it deffinetly does NOT get up on the snow.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thought i read somewhere that the new 600 cat is electronic oil injected, like the 600 doo was for a while, but not fuel injected yet??? Am i wrong?

you are incorrect.... there are lots of video's released by Arctic Cat last night that shows the injection.......

Also Cat's have been injected for years already, the only motors that were not injected when I was working for them were the 570's.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wait so didn't doo release a 600 etec in 2010? so here we are 2014 and cat is finally doing something of the same. Good on cat... cause I don't see anything from polaris yet.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wait so didn't doo release a 600 etec in 2010? so here we are 2014 and cat is finally doing something of the same. Good on cat... cause I don't see anything from polaris yet.

So please explain why you care or why that's a concern of yours , you gonna buy one if they come with DI ?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SO THE NEW EL TIGRE ZR6000 IS EFI, 3D MAPPING(NOT DIRECT INJECTED), BUT OIL IS ELECTRONIC INJECTION............................ THE ENGINE IS NOT DIRECT FUEL INJECTED YET, LIKE THE BRP'S ARE..... SOMETHING ABOUT PATENT TOO?? .,....... JUS' SAYIN'

ZR 6000 El Tigre ES

$11,599 USD

Engine

Type
2-stroke
Displacement
599cc
Cooling
Liquid
Cylinders
Bore x Stroke
73.8 x 70 mm
Lubrication
Electronic Injection
Ignition
3D sequential fire, throttle position sensor
Carburetion
47 mm dual throttle body batteryless EFI
Exhaust
APV with tuned pipe, pipe sensor and stainless steel muffler
Fuel Capacity
12 gal.

Powertrain

Drive Clutch
Arctic 6 post (rpm sensing)
Driven Clutch
10.75 in. dia. Arctic (roller cam)
Drive System
Arctic Drive System
Brakes
Radial master cylinder hydraulic brake / disc on driveshaft

Suspension

Front Suspension
Arctic Race Suspension with FOX FLOAT 3 shocks and sway bar
Front Travel
10 in.
Rear Travel
13.5 in.
Rear Suspension
FasTrack slide-action suspension with Tri-hub rear axle system, couple blocks, torque sensing link, adjustable torsion springs, Arctic Cat (IFP) shocks (2" dia. rear shock)

Dimensions

Overall Length
118 in.
Overall Width
48 in.
Ski Stance
42-43 in. adjustable
Ski Type
Trail 6 in.
Runner Type
Dual skag w/carbide
Track Type
Ripsaw
Track Width
15 in.
Track Length
129 in.
Lug
1.25 in.
Pitch
2.86 in.

Standard

Push-button reverse, dual halogen headlight (2-bulb), front bumper, adjustable handlebar, deluxe digital gauge, electric gas gauge, low oil light, coolant overheat light, clock, high/low hand & thumb warmers, belt holder, accessory outlet, mid-height windshield, electric start, air pump

Optional

2-up seat, tank pads, (ex low, flyscreen, low, mid, high) windshield, mirrors, rack, hitch, tether switch, hand guards, front sport bumper, premium shocks

Specifications Subject to Change

Last edited:

craptabulous

Reaction score
Go take your meds. It's just an observation.
The reason others haven't gone to DI is probably a technology/patent thing or they can make emissions without it. Doesn't make the sled ride any different really.

they dont own direct injection . Several outboard manufacturers have been putting di on there engines years before brp ever did . Not to mention ford and chevy . Or non pre cup diesel engines , so since di has been around since the 50's , possibly longer . I think they will be alright , as far as patent laws go

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The infer'ing you mention is only in due to your interpretation of the post and his screen name.
Your just a doo H8R really. Pretty sure if anyone not riding a doo had posted that you wouldn't have said a damn thing.

Nope, as I've said in many posts, there are a ton of things I like about the XM, great sled, ton of things I like about the Pro, great sled, Cat...not so much....yet.

This year I'd be happy on either of them. I just get sick of the silliness of guys ranting about one and bashing the other, its just immature and insecurity yapping. The Doo, awesome motor but still a bandaided XP in a lot of ways. The Pro, hands down best chassis, still needs a better motor and refinements in belt drive which is gonna be an awesome feature. Driveshaft issue, itll be fixed, Doo fuel nipple issue, it"ll be fixed, teeter totter thingy my opinion, it'll go away in the next couple years. As so many have said tho, Doo 160 HP Poo 145 HP, Doo should be runaway winner in all facets.... but it isn't. 15 HP is huge difference, wheres it going ?
So, good job Doo, good job Polaris, 2 great sleds. But they both can get better. IMO.

P.S. I did hate the XP, always was an ill handling mountain sled chassis. Trail sled roots.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bump ..... when will this be on A.C's web site?

OHHH ok i watched the vid and that made sence ....on there web site they just say fuel injection. So its not a FULL D.I. system am i getting this right its D.I until higher RPMs and then the old throttle body efi fuel dilevery system kicks in. Do i have this correct or am i way out to lunch?

Also are the e-teks like this also or are they full D.I ?

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
bump ..... When will this be on a.c's web site?

Ohhh ok i watched the vid and that made sence ....on there web site they just say fuel injection. So its not a full d.i. System am i getting this right its d.i until higher rpms and then the old throttle body efi fuel dilevery system kicks in. Do i have this correct or am i way out to lunch?

Also are the e-teks like this also or are they full d.i ?

etecs are d.i. ........ That is why there is a patent on 2 stroke d.i. By brp..........I believe no one else has this technology, and that is why brp bought evinrude/johnson, for their efi d.i. Technology

Top Bottom