2013 XM mods

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering If any one has heard anything on how the BB's are working on the etec. I would do a turbo but I just cant justify spending that kind of cash on what you get with a turbo for a sled. I seen bikeman had an 860 out for the etec. Also wondering what people think would be a good clutch idea I had the bikeman and shockwave helix combo on my 11 and it worked pretty good but I was thinking more along the lines of switching out to a team setup. Any thoughts or advice on any of this?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your gonna waste that much money big boring you might as well dip in a bit deeper and turbo.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i did buy a 13' Jed. ya im negotiating every option but i can do the big bore for half the cost or less than the turbo. i like turbo power as im a big diesel guy but i rode an 860 xp on spray and that thing just got me grinning ear to ear hahaha. im gonna go talk to lindermann and see what he recomends.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My first mod will probably be an Arctic Cat M-series LED tail/brake light and some tunnel strips. Venting probably and screening on the front. Oh ya' I have to have The Thing on there for my tapeworm's satisfaction......hahahaha

IMG_0449.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're considering a BB also give Trygstad a shot. He's apparently got the 872's running well and it looks like Straightline has a fuel system ready to go that would work.

I'm curious to see if XM bodywork will fit on a 1200 I'm planning to build this summer if we don't see anything new. :)

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i did buy a 13' Jed. ya im negotiating every option but i can do the big bore for half the cost or less than the turbo. i like turbo power as im a big diesel guy but i rode an 860 xp on spray and that thing just got me grinning ear to ear hahaha. im gonna go talk to lindermann and see what he recomends.

That must have been oler1234's sled? That thing does work really well...I think I would take a BB over a turbo any day...for the way we like to ride:D

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yaive rode with oler that sled does work quite well! the one i rode was an 08 with a split second BB and motts porting with jaws twins and damn did that thing pull! im thinking BB or atleast full pipe and head mods with some clutching for now. but ya def dont see a turbo in my futuree right now.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My opinion...

Do up the split second port job and head cut with y pipe and exhaust system. Heard these sleds are pullin 173-175hp. Volume of air used is nearing a 880r setup. Coupled with a spi fuel controller and air box mod, you got a solid 175. And too boot you have etec reliablility and fuel economy. If its true that the injectors only support 180hp why take the big bore, it shakes and the balance of the rotating assembly will be compromised. As well u will peak out. Only real advantage would be the torque increase.

But I will retract eveything I say if someone can pull over 180 :). Take the lead Jared

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya lots of good stuff coming out! I know I had Specialty sleds Pm Me about there 860 etec. and I know Bikemann and micku have a nice 860 as well as trygstads 872. Ya i heard that 180 # on the injectors from cory micku last year thats why im curious of who has one of these and how well is it working! OLER and KEV we found a new valley while hiking this year behind castle ski hill and it is gonna need some boys that are willing to break into a new area to get er done!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh I will keep you posted it will be a later in the year trip let the conditions get settled when they do come. but we call it "hanging valley" its crazy the way it looks from a ridge or so back it looks like the whole valley is just suspended its pretty cool.

Top Bottom