2013 XM leaking coolant

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After coming of the trail and parking the sled on the deck the temps dropped to about -25 that night and I notice coolant under my sled. Took it home sat in the shop for a week and nothing on the ground. Loaded it back up and temps were about -20. Once I got to area. Coolant was under sled again. Started it up and warmed it up. Once it ran. Leak went away. Rode all day no issues. Once I loaded it checked in morning -20. Coolant was underneath again. Coolant level in reservoir is about a 1/3. Anyone experience this? Or know what might be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it your dealer while it is real cold outside. They will pressure test the system and find the fitting that is leaking and reclamp it. More of a nuisance than anything. They seem to only leak when the sled is not running and only in real cold weather.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the same thing but never got into looking for it since it had stopped. Good to know though.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if all the XM sleds are like this or not but I recently noticed on a low mile '14 the lower coolant hose where it goes through the engine mount on the right side was wearing bad there. Wrapped the hose with a chunk of heater hose to insulate it from rubbing. Might be something to watch for.

Vidgren

Reaction score
Took mine to the dealer. They replaced every hoseclamp and voila. No more leaking

Top Bottom