2013 X model E-start OR Recoil....... NOT BOTH!!!!??? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ ON..

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my last 2 Doos 2011 and 2012 with E-start, cause I'm basically lazy, and I put recoils on them both after I took delivery. The handle sits recessed inside the side panel nicely, and the only time I have used them is on the odd chance that the starter is landed on a flat spot and just won't engage. Open the side and give'r a pull. Insurance for me really, cause we do some pretty off the map boondocking so you can't expect any assistance.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell the sleds and a few people ask the question about it but most done even care.. and for 200$ ish i think. and about 20 min of your time. 4 bols on the recoil cover, and its on. and oh wait. their is two on the oil take. leave the pull cord under the plastic. i have the backup recoil on my Freeride and its just under the plastic pannel. i have yet to use the pull cord on the sled after a year of riding.

i have one coming as well..
i Took 24 months warranty so 3 years on the sled
bought the e-start model for 400$ more instead of paying 800$ later in the year to install it

i just find if your spending 14000$ why not spend 400$ more and make it that easy.. but hey thats just me. im LAZY!!

the e-start i bet sells 5-1 over the pull start. it comes down to the lazy factor. i know i wouldnt go back to a pull start.

Last edited:

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull start for me. One less thing to go wrong.
Plus everyones all worried about shaving weight off of their sleds and then you throw a battery in there?????
Oh yeah and I'm not lazy.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have estart, and its a dream. I know its only 1 pull x 40 times a day, but seriously, after you just un buried yourself, you dont wanna do anything else. I will def get another e-start.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull start for me. One less thing to go wrong.
Plus everyones all worried about shaving weight off of their sleds and then you throw a battery in there?????
Oh yeah and I'm not lazy.

It does probably negate any weight loss from pulling the suitcase, possibly even more.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just find if your spending 14000$ why not spend 400$ more and make it that easy.. but hey thats just me. im LAZY!!

the e-start i bet sells 5-1 over the pull start. it comes down to the lazy factor. i know i wouldnt go back to a pull start.[/QUOTE]

5-1 ratio of e-start over pull start? Wow, never would have guessed that!

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the guys that want both; ES and PS (electric start and pull start). Doo you want Ford, GM, and Chrysler to put a crank in the front of your truck just in case????

Get with the times and quit whinning......just saying

so free speech is dead. guess we all woke up in Russia this morning

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
LOL...... Once again an honest innocent question asked, and it gets turned into accusations and name calling and NEGATIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not whining nor is anyone else.....All I did was make a statement to get positive feedback and opinions on the matter at hand.....NOT to get feedback on what YOU think of me or anyone else who may feel the same as I...

Theres NO reason for a PERSONAL ATTACK like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regardless if it was directed to me or a group of us commenting on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, ford, gmc and dodge all come with roadside assistance, try calling roadside assistance in the middle of the mountains on your sled...... nuff said.....

(And I did that all without personally attacking u ferniesnow....)

so free speech is dead. guess we all woke up in Russia this morning

I wasn't attacking you personally, Circled-Mistake. If you took it that way, I apologize. I wasn't accusing you of anything but I did say you were whinning and I don't recall calling you any name. Negativity, I didn't think so. Just factual information that the times are changing. The industry has all gone through the change; what about motor bikes and quads? Same deal.

I've read a lot of posts about the same concept and some people like to have both ES and PS. That's fine. Dig a little deeper and pay for it. No problem.

krazy c

Reaction score
Love the electric start on the e-tec! You can roll it over, be on any side of the sled, touch the button to start and carry on without any effort.

powdr4me

Reaction score
my much smaller better 3/4 weighs in at oh 110-115 lbs soaking wet and at 5 foot 3 in deep snow by the end of the day she's bagged and struggles trying to pull over the etec. As much as I love being next to her every time she stops to help her restart, I'm looking forward to the estart on her new whip. But really why not just have both...bunch of cheap ass Canadian BRP crap as far as I'm concerned.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is one of the amenities that once you have it, there is no going back! Sort of like hand warmers and reverse......:d

Had ES way back and haven't been without it since. But you young-guns still have a way to go to really appreciate the finer things in life! :D

mmmmm i ride with some old guys that have been riding the mountains since the 80s and they rock pull start to this day.

Top Bottom