2013 secondary

Catman13

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what is happening with the upgrade for the clutches and when that is happening?

geordiep

Reaction score
Not official yet, but soon:
Arctic Cats testing has shown that the the largest reduction in belt temps comes from using the new for 2014 secondary, with 1.485" offset, and the proper gearing for riding style/conditions.

They are committed to taking care of their customers....

2013 Sleds (or 2012 on Factory Warranty, NOT Catcare) will receive new secondary for free. Special introductory discount for 2012 owners for $149. Also hear if you have communicated/documented your have had belt issues, you will receive clutch for free on 2012.
Latest info on drive train improvments - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

There are other rumors on discounted gearing, clutch guard, and vent kits too. I hear they changed the angle on the clutch for less slippage... Again from the rumor mill.

I have/had a belt burner. My dealer, Ralph's Arctic Cat in Calgary, went the extra mile for me last April. They installed a new primary & secondary on my 2012 under Cat care warranty. I will be getting a 2014 secondary for sure.

So if you have a belt burner let Cat and your dealer know ASAP. A good dealer will work with you to fix the problem.

Catman13

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Cat warranty. I've never had any problems with them.

Top Bottom