2013 rev XM or 2013 Arctic cat m8 limited?

skrat

Reaction score
I got a chance toe ride the 13 Doos on a demo ride, and then the Cat/BDX Pro lite cat a couple of weeks later. During the pro lite ride, I gave up the PL for another guy on a 13 XM X package. The Pro lite was worlds ahead of the doo for flickability. I wont talk about HP cause the BMP 900 I am sure is more comparable to a 860bb or something along those lines.

All said, I chose the cat chassis myself, and know of a couple other non forum riders who dropped their polaris's for cats and one who dropped the xm for the cat.

If you are looking for leftover XM's try Kelowna, Kamloops and Sicamous. They all have them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a chance toe ride the 13 Doos on a demo ride, and then the Cat/BDX Pro lite cat a couple of weeks later. During the pro lite ride, I gave up the PL for another guy on a 13 XM X package. The Pro lite was worlds ahead of the doo for flickability. I wont talk about HP cause the BMP 900 I am sure is more comparable to a 860bb or something along those lines.

All said, I chose the cat chassis myself, and know of a couple other non forum riders who dropped their polaris's for cats and one who dropped the xm for the cat.

If you are looking for leftover XM's try Kelowna, Kamloops and Sicamous. They all have them.

Left over new x packages? Wow! They won't be in business much longer.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info I still havent had the chance to try a new Cat but I hope too before I purchase a new machine! All I know is I really liked the XM !

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a cat guy but rode yami for 6 yrs. last year I got a xm and loved that sled. My whole group is cat and I've seen them fly of cliffs. Hit huge stumps and hardly get any damage. They are super tough and reliable. The 13 cat is way better on belts and can almost climb with my xm. I checked a 14 xm again cause I really like it but a cat is a great sled also. If your going to beat on it hard the cat is tough to beat. Just depends on the rider. Some guys say they get 3000 km to a belt on Doo but I can't see 1000 km with one belt on mine. but then my pow sessions are 2 hours straight and I only rest cause my sled needs it. They are both good units. Also the cat is a lot easier to mod and bolt on power. The new 2.65 powder claw track works awesome also

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a 2014 Summit Sport. Still dealing with the old 800R Ptek but it has the tmotion and flex track and same ski set up as the xms. 10400 with tax out the door from one dealer i called. Having an 08 summit myself I am wondering if the extra coin is really warranted. You guys prob think I am nuts but I would love to hear from anyone who has one to get a real value statement on the performance gap. Are we talking about 30ft pounds to pull a sport over vesus 25 on an xm or other manufacture sled or is it more significant.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a 2014 Summit Sport. Still dealing with the old 800R Ptek but it has the tmotion and flex track and same ski set up as the xms. 10400 with tax out the door from one dealer i called. Having an 08 summit myself I am wondering if the extra coin is really warranted. You guys prob think I am nuts but I would love to hear from anyone who has one to get a real value statement on the performance gap. Are we talking about 30ft pounds to pull a sport over vesus 25 on an xm or other manufacture sled or is it more significant.

IMHO there is no difference in ride. The shocks are cheaper on the SP, the gauge package is a little different and the bars are different. Other than that they are pretty much the same sled. No difference in ride unless you think the cheaper shocks are a deal breaker.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
IMHO there is no difference in ride. The shocks are cheaper on the SP, the gauge package is a little different and the bars are different. Other than that they are pretty much the same sled. No difference in ride unless you think the cheaper shocks are a deal breaker.

I think he is looking at the summit sport not summit sp, I would go summit sp over and x model any day of the week. good way to save money. However after riding e-tech since 09 I would never go back to a ptek, old technology...if you want to save a little buy a 13 xm sp off the shelf or used...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sport is good on fuel, darn good power. Starts easy when rolled over. It would beat a 700 engine imo. Xm are not out yet

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sport is good on fuel, darn good power. Starts easy when rolled over. It would beat a 700 engine imo. Xm are not out yet

What? I would hope it would beat a 700 seeings it's a 800!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
It all depends on what you want to do with the sled, if you want to add mods to make some extra power the cat is the way to go for sure, if it is gonna stay stock the xm is a better machine and will outperform the cat (this comment is coming from a diehard cat guy). Both machines are very nimble but I noticed the xm turned sharper in slow moving situations. The xm also burns less fuel every ride and oil consumption is less. That being said the xm's are expensive to purchase and if you throw the difference in price between the two towards mods the cat will waste the xm all day for the same dollars invested. My dream sled is a new cat with a 925 kit and my 3" 174 ya baby!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode a 13 cat last year and my buddy had an xm. same track length and pretty well stock. Rode together most of the season and since he's a fat smoker I got to ride his as much as mine. The cat seems to have a little more torque to pull quick turnarounds out of the creeks but very slight. xm did out climb in the straight steep lazy pulls cuz of the 16 wide. Really liked the smooth throttle response of the xm. All in all each sled would get you to the same places but the difference was energy input. I could ride the xm like a raped ape all day where the proclimb had me fairly burnt out towards the end. If cat has their belt issues figured out this year the proclimb will be a good sled, BUUUTTTTTTTTT even though I cant stand the doolaid im waitn on delivery of a new xm.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bjd68. (Just my 2cens)!I all so was in the same boat. Because I ride 09 M8 witch has been a good sled to me but I wanted to upgrade I rode both the 2013 proclimb and xm and honestly I liked the xm better. It seemed efortless to carv in the trees or open medows. That being said I snochecked a 2014 xm. Cheers!!!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey bjd68. (Just my 2cens)!I all so was in the same boat. Because I ride 09 M8 witch has been a good sled to me but I wanted to upgrade I rode both the 2013 proclimb and xm and honestly I liked the xm better. It seemed efortless to carv in the trees or open medows. That being said I snochecked a 2014 xm. Cheers!!!
Thanks for the reply Ya I agree that XM is really easy to carve, If I find a XM before winter starts then I will buy it, but if I dont Ill try the proclimb first!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you want to do with the sled, if you want to add mods to make some extra power the cat is the way to go for sure, if it is gonna stay stock the xm is a better machine and will outperform the cat (this comment is coming from a diehard cat guy). Both machines are very nimble but I noticed the xm turned sharper in slow moving situations. The xm also burns less fuel every ride and oil consumption is less. That being said the xm's are expensive to purchase and if you throw the difference in price between the two towards mods the cat will waste the xm all day for the same dollars invested. My dream sled is a new cat with a 925 kit and my 3" 174 ya baby!
Really? How cheap the new cats selling for? There is Plenty of modding potential with the XM........

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I think there is about 800-1000 bucks difference between the two if I remember right with the cat being on the cheaper end but from what I was told the XM did not respond well to any pipe mods or head mod and little to be gained with porting which speaks volumes for how efficient it is, I saw a few with big bore kits ands didnt think it was worth the money but they may not have them dialed in yet. The cat loves add ons and we really got huge gains out of a 13 proclimb last year, the thing was a monster. With a pipe kit, porting and some lightweight parts we saw 52 mph track speed and that was spinning a 3" 174! In defence to the XM it was bone stock with some clutching and a can and I think it was in the 45 mph track speed also with a 3" 174 but it just didnt have the torque or holding power of the cat, nor should it. I feel that if the same money was put into each machine the cat would have the edge but maybe someone will figure out something this year and change the game again, who knows.

Top Bottom