2013 ProClimb Not starting/ Overheating 169kms

2blue

Reaction score
Drove from Calgary to Corbin today, unloaded the sled, rode for 1km and temp light flashing. (With Ice Scratchers down)

Stopped and shut it off, waited 10 mins to cool off, tried starting it, took about 20 pulls to start. little backfires etc

Turned around and it died 4 more times all within 1 km. (Everytime Overheating flashing)

Checked it all over everything seems like it should. Antifreeze -45/ fins on tunnel warm/ melting. No snow/ice build up etc.

Towed it back to the truck

I waited like 45mins at the truck and decided to unplug the gauge cluster and it ran barley enough to load up and get home.

Sled has 169kms its brand new

Is there a way to self diagnose the issue??? Like get it running and check for hard codes?

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with the fuel pick ups. Sled died on me in Gorman, could get it running but would only stay running for 10 sec or so. Although I didn't have my temp light on. Don't know of this helps you or not...

2blue

Reaction score
I had an issue with the fuel pick ups. Sled died on me in Gorman, could get it running but would only stay running for 10 sec or so. Although I didn't have my temp light on. Don't know of this helps you or not...

What was the issue with the fuel pick ups?

I'm scared to work on it just in case Ralphs wants to be stupid about it.

Leave it for warranty I guess.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ralphs ended up changing the fuel pick ups. I'm not sure exactly but sounds kinda like the same issue. I was told they had some issues with some of them during pdi. ended up leaving me in kinda a ****ty spot when it died cause I was headed uphill into holt. Killed my battery try to get it going and when it did start didn't stay running, checked plugs which were fine sled wasn't flooded. It was starving of fuel. They did everything under warranty for me. Me personally I would let them Take care of it. Sounds like there supposed to get updated clutches in this week to, so maybe you could get both things done at the same time

2blue

Reaction score
Ralphs ended up changing the fuel pick ups. I'm not sure exactly but sounds kinda like the same issue. I was told they had some issues with some of them during pdi. ended up leaving me in kinda a ****ty spot when it died cause I was headed uphill into holt. Killed my battery try to get it going and when it did start didn't stay running, checked plugs which were fine sled wasn't flooded. It was starving of fuel. They did everything under warranty for me. Me personally I would let them Take care of it. Sounds like there supposed to get updated clutches in this week to, so maybe you could get both things done at the same time

Thanks for letting me know. I will be dropping it off tomorrow. I gotta say I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of it. Brand new machines shouldn't be having issues!

How much did you pay for your electric start?

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is it a limited edition model with the short cooler?
If so you need to run with the scratcher down on the trail. I know mine will overheat within 4km if I don't have them down.
Or it could be a possibility that its air locked in the cooling system.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't remember what I paid for the e start, got It put on before I even picked it up. And I gotta say the few extra pounds are well worth it! Mine will start flashing the temp light most times on trail to. Just kinda got in the habit of always putting them down when booting it down the trail.

2blue

Reaction score
I don't remember what I paid for the e start, got It put on before I even picked it up. And I gotta say the few extra pounds are well worth it! Mine will start flashing the temp light most times on trail to. Just kinda got in the habit of always putting them down when booting it down the trail.

I had the ice scratchers down right from the start. When the machine dies it acts like its running out of gas / no put bang just blahhhhhhh dead. Very disappointed!

Once the light flashes does the sled just shut down? Or is it suppose to go in limp mode?

Last edited:

2blue

Reaction score
Question is it a limited edition model with the short cooler?
If so you need to run with the scratcher down on the trail. I know mine will overheat within 4km if I don't have them down.
Or it could be a possibility that its air locked in the cooling system.

scratchers were down from the beginning. I did top the fluid up 1inch worth, waiting for it to burp but couldn't get it to start.

Do these machines have limp mode? If so how do you reset?????

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havnt had mine go in limp mode yet so not to sure there... As soon as I see my temp light flashing I'll stop. So I personally haven't had any issue over heating. Hopefully ralphs can get it taken care of in a timely fashion for you. How was the snow in Corbin?

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I understand, when the light starts flashing its warning you it's starting to overheat and once it get to hot the light will stay on and derate.

2blue

Reaction score
Snow was old...lol hard packed within the kms I went...lol not that much locals said 5 feet in the bowls. Who knows. Went to ralphs dropped it off. Everything I suggested they dismissed. Fuel issues bad sensor nope nope nope he kept saying. So hopefully they can figure it out. I think it's pretty crazy charge for diagnostic time if its a warranty issue. Thats completly foreign to me. I'm writing this on my phone so hopefully make sense.

I was told also the m800 have issues with the clutch that he also dismissed gernading belts etc

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was old...lol hard packed within the kms I went...lol not that much locals said 5 feet in the bowls. Who knows. Went to ralphs dropped it off. Everything I suggested they dismissed. Fuel issues bad sensor nope nope nope he kept saying. So hopefully they can figure it out. I think it's pretty crazy charge for diagnostic time if its a warranty issue. Thats completly foreign to me. I'm writing this on my phone so hopefully make sense.

I was told also the m800 have issues with the clutch that he also dismissed gernading belts etc
I suspect you have an airlock in the cooling system or a failed t-stat. As far as grenading belts, very few 13's had issues, & there are solutions. A good dealer with competent techs is the place to start.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats your opinion on ralphs? im not a fan of most the guys up front but the service manager there seems alright... where would you be taking your sled without having to drive 3 hours?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have had very good service at Ralph's. Mark seems like a good guy and the mechanics are helpful as well. They haven't done me any wrong I would recommend them for service in Calgary area

Sent from my phone

2blue

Reaction score
Whats your opinion on ralphs? im not a fan of most the guys up front but the service manager there seems alright... where would you be taking your sled without having to drive 3 hours?

I will be there tomorrow to see what's wrong with it. service guy kind of dismissed everything I said but he would know :p Hopefully they can figure it out. I only need 1km to know if the same problem is gone. lol Farmers field.

2blue

Reaction score
well today I picked up my machine they couldn't explain the overheating issue I also had a no start issue I do not have electric start i pulll and pull and it does not run so they tell me its fixed and I picked it up today took it to a farmer's field about 30 minutes ago and the damn thing quit on me again now it won't start and I have to figure out how to get it out of the field . That and its minus 20 at 10:30pm

I am using talk to text so it might be a little muffled for the vocabulary might be a little off

I can't believe Arctic Cat charges diagnose time that totally is pointless to have warranty half the stuff is diagnosing

Last edited:

2blue

Reaction score
So got it running again. Took it back to the same feild and it was 11pm so it was very cold out there tonight and with no warm up I was over heating 6 mins of light ridding in 2 foot snow drifts. Then the machine doesnt run anymore.

Total kms since owning sled 2.5kms

Last owner sold it because of this same issue. Will not stay running

Last edited:
Top Bottom