2013 pro so light you can hold it in one hand!

Darren400

Reaction score
:d 2.5 hours on this one!

danny pro 2.jpg

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To many cases now.. the bandaid is a must I'd say until ch!t is figured out by Polaris. Not worth the risks

Darren400

Reaction score
I really don't know IF it's the glue that's the problem, I think it might be the shaft itself is just built a little to light.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't know IF it's the glue that's the problem, I think it might be the shaft itself is just built a little to light.

You got that right. Under the right condition they could all fail. Very poor design. But it's still an isolated issue isn't it? One or two a day in November? Lol. Throw them fancy billet clamps on and be done with it. Ride it like you stole it.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 30km on the 2 800s that I have and no issues. I figured take them for test rip here in the fields before spending the money on a trip and having them break there.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to throw wrench into everything but I beleive the first xp's had shaft troubles?? That's why they beefed them up !!

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got that right. Under the right condition they could all fail. Very poor design. But it's still an isolated issue isn't it? One or two a day in November? Lol. Throw them fancy billet clamps on and be done with it. Ride it like you stole it.

Classy as always man.

Anyway, this is too bad. Hope it gets worked out so the rest of youz guyz can just ride without a puckered azzhole.

brutis20

Reaction score
Quite similar actually, I had a '08 xp and it was just like this. Pretty much the same amount of people having issues. I even bought a spare, Buddy used it! By time my sled got in it was spring for the recall, it wasnt recalled right away either. It is an issue but as always they have to get a handle on it just like doo had to. It will take some time. I agree we shouldnt have thse problems with new sleds but that seems to be the way it happens.

Oh, and that was one of MANY problems I had with the '08, just growing pains and learning not to buy first model year on this type of stuff, reason I waited on the 13's for doo and poo and will see next year which one wins!

Good luck!

yes they did but nothing like the epidemic that Polaris is having...

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damn that sucks! if i had a '13 pro id be buying the billet fix clamps that tyson.h made for sure. im starting to think that it is just a poorly designed shaft also.. sure the glue that bonded correctly will be strong but how long is it going to last?? im happy i decided to ride the Assault for another year. hopefully polaris does something about this quick!!

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at any rate it was an issue. Seems like the old hexagon shaft they used for 47 years and weighed 5 lbs may not have been as bad as they figured? ( I'm talking doo) but I'm sure Polaris could fall under same category.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at any rate it was an issue. Seems like the old hexagon shaft they used for 47 years and weighed 5 lbs may not have been as bad as they figured? ( I'm talking doo) but I'm sure Polaris could fall under same category.
I believe the big difference is that 'doos shaft was well designed and able to handle the torque on a properly built unit. the new poo design just looks like fail. we only have ourselves to blame, we wanted lightweight and the manufacturers are only trying to please us. it will get sorted out, just sucks it has to happen but they will learn and improve from it.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the fix comes soon
Glad I have a 2012...
I was so close to selling my 2012 and pulling the trigger on a 13, but decided to wait and see if they had any issues with the belt drive. I have to say I'm glad I waited too. I hope they find a fix for you guys soon, cause it's an awesome sled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom