2013 pro rmk hang idle and bog then a small back fire

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled developed this problem on the hill yesterday. It will idle at 3000 after you give it a bit of gas to start it. If you then blip the throttle it will rev up a bit an them do a bog and then back fire a bit. Thanks for your help. I need it as I'm in the mountains for 6 more days.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check for ice under the flipper. Mine does this often. The backfire can simply be the throttle safety switch kicking in.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it in the shop now over night and it still does it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, high idle is usually from being too lean like a ripped intake boot or ripped crank seal. Did you blow a belt and have it stuck behind the clutch jut before this happened? Some will use propane or engine starter sprayed at the suspect leak point to see if the engine speeds up to confirm leak. Other than that go see the dealer t check the TPS.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
high idle and backfire could be an air leak. check intake boots and crank seals for leaks. It also could be your throttle cable is too tight.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My spark plugs are the same colours. I changed the tps, the ecu and checked the reeds. Still the same hang idle with a small bog on down rev

Top Bottom