2013 Pro RMK 600 review

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had a 2013 Polaris Pro RMK 600 155 out on the snow for a few rides, a few notes.
- Suspension a bit soft to be ridden agressively, added springs front & rear from Z-broz, much better ride.
- Handling is good, but not a fan of the pro taper bars. Installed RSI with smaller rise and different bend.
- A bit weak for a 600. Son's 2007 Summit 600 SDI 144 seems to pull much harder, in a drag race will walk away from the Polaris. That said, the 600 Polaris gets up on the snow with no effort, and justs tractors along - gets the job done.
- this is my wife's sled (she came off of a well tuned M8), and it will get a 660 kit once warranty is up to increase the fun factor. Overall a good solid sled platform that gets the job done. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a good starter sled, or if most of your riding is boondocking in the trees - it works well out of the box, and is very light and nimble.

* no driveshaft failures or any other issues to date

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should add to the above - the sled only has 200 miles on it, add ons include a challenger xtreme 2.5", HPS can, and a Carl's Cycle clutch kit. I am 245 lbs ready to ride (fully geared up). In fairness, a lighter rider is the target market for this sled, but it had no issues in the alpine pulling my body around - managed to keep up with a good rider on a modded M1K while boondocking, but no chance staying with him on a climb. For the sled's intended market, it is a winner.

96sherm

Reaction score
Good to know. I've been comtemplating buying one next year, partially for my wife, partially as a spare for myself.

maxandvin

Reaction score
Wifey now has 45 miles on hers. It's a 144 RMK, so no issues with drive shaft. All geared up she is under the factory suspension set up weight. The feedback so far has been "awesome, I love it!","look I can pick it up myself", "so light", "goes where I want" and "the hand warmers are SO hot". All things that are important to her and me! This machine is allowing her to enjoy riding with "the boys" and she feels that she won't be a "burden" to anyone now. It's fun to ride with someone you care about and to see them enjoying the crap out of it!

iluv2fly

Reaction score
One thing with this sled it only costs about 1800 to put a 660 kit on it and than they really run and they are still dead reliable. Loving my pro 600 but I did install a 13.6 pa head which helped out a lot with throttle response and low end torque. I still think that challenger extreme 2.5 track is heavy for the 600 and wonder if the stock would not have worked better in this situation. Do the 660 and gain 15 hp.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found on ours the (and the 800) the dampening on the shocks is too stiff but if you bottom out it hurts the wrists. So on the stutter bumps the a-arms barely move but on the big ones it bottoms out. On the 800 I am trying triple rate raptor springs but I just really wish the dampaning was adjustable. We found it has plenty of power for a 600. If you watch it go you would think it was an 800. The rear skid is very good compared to past year models that I have tried.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing with this sled it only costs about 1800 to put a 660 kit on it and than they really run and they are still dead reliable. Loving my pro 600 but I did install a 13.6 pa head which helped out a lot with throttle response and low end torque. I still think that challenger extreme 2.5 track is heavy for the 600 and wonder if the stock would not have worked better in this situation. Do the 660 and gain 15 hp.

So I rode with a guy that had a 11 800 and he had a 13.6 to 1 head. Down low he kept seeing the det sensor go off. Does your 600 do this or can a guy skirt that problem by switching to the ethanol selection for lower elevation?

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 75 miles on mine and so far no issues. Haven't adjusted anything except the throttle block.
Coming from an Edge700, not disappointed with the power at all, it pulls as hard. Maybe I don't know any better, but have taken some rough terrain and the suspension worked really good. The sled over all feels very light and responsive.
As for handling, it's a lot different than my old sled. Just have to get used to it, and with a bit more riding time, I can see it's going to be easy to throw around.
Like mentioned on an earlier post, I have the same comment........"awsome, I love it".

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I rode with a guy that had a 11 800 and he had a 13.6 to 1 head. Down low he kept seeing the det sensor go off. Does your 600 do this or can a guy skirt that problem by switching to the ethanol selection for lower elevation?

He needs to mix some higher octane fuel (race or av) in with his 91 pump gas as giving it more fuel won't cure the issues. Or run the 13-1 PAR head and you won't have issues.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He needs to mix some higher octane fuel (race or av) in with his 91 pump gas as giving it more fuel won't cure the issues. Or run the 13-1 PAR head and you won't have issues.

Agreed I ran mine (13.6-1) 50/50 av prem at Quartz the first day no issue, seconday 30% avgas no issue at Frisbe second day, third day at Frisbie straight 94 and on a super long pull it detonated with snow covered intakes when i turned out to the exhaust side so maybe it wasn't detonation but 30% av from now on is cheap insurance.

iluv2fly

Reaction score

The lowest I unload is 6000 ft and I have had no issues with detonation sensor at all. The 13.6 is rated for 5000ft and up so if your riding below that than you will have to spice up the gas or be careful until you get higher up. These heads also like to be loaded on the bottom end more. I also run the carls clutch kit with the 62/38 helix and 58gram BB weights. Pulls great off the line and puts the increased torque from the head to work. For 350 the head is worth it in my opinion especially if you are a boondocker because it really helps lowend and midrange power.

East cat

Reaction score
All I can say about mine , reliable , more than excellent on gas, stiff ride , still not use with the pro taper bar , but overall very satisfied . May not have that little extra power that a 800 has but I know I will make it back to the parking lot after everytrip

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say about mine , reliable , more than excellent on gas, stiff ride , still not use with the pro taper bar , but overall very satisfied . May not have that little extra power that a 800 has but I know I will make it back to the parking lot after everytrip
Yep love the 600's I ride a long tracked renagade 08 600x Its a 146 rate now ,but doing 163 as we speak funny wifey rides the09 summit 800 .I'm dissable so I don't need to make the high mark I need to make it in and out.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I would provide an update now that the machine has a few more miles on it (365 miles). Before last trip I installed a PAR 13.1 head, blending a bit of av fuel with the gas for insurance. Considerably better low / midrange snap, pulling the 64/40 side of the helix with an SLP blue/pink primary spring, 58g Bellybuster weights. Installed Tedd's quick disconnect sway bar link, sled handles better with it disconnected (likely due to dual rate springs from Zbroz). No drivehaft or QD belt failures yet, sled runs like a champ in powder. Tried a set of Powder Pros I had laying around, going to stick with the stock Gripper skis on this sled. It will still get a 660 kit once warranty is up unless the 800 gets an engine redesign that proves reliable in the 2014 model year - we shall wait and see.

Top Bottom