2013 odometer acting very strange

dcski701

Reaction score
So i got a 2013 and put 8km on it and the odometer read 4 km. I got a vipec ecu and turbo installed then the odometer was stuck at 4 km. I noticed that the plugs just ahead of the gas cap were loose. Plugged them in tighter and the odometer starting working and got up to 8km. Then had the driver update done got it home and the odometer was at 2km and stuck. The speed has worked the whole time. One thing to note is that while the turbo was being installed the installer arced a wrench to the voltage regulator which caused the lights to stop working. I drove the sled for about 3km without lights. I was thinking maybe there was too much power going to the ecu while the regulator was pooched. Possible damage to the aftermarket ecu? I guess the question i have is the odometer controlled by the ecu or the digital gauge screen?

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i got a 2013 and put 8km on it and the odometer read 4 km. I got a vipec ecu and turbo installed then the odometer was stuck at 4 km. I noticed that the plugs just ahead of the gas cap were loose. Plugged them in tighter and the odometer starting working and got up to 8km. Then had the driver update done got it home and the odometer was at 2km and stuck. The speed has worked the whole time. One thing to note is that while the turbo was being installed the installer arced a wrench to the voltage regulator which caused the lights to stop working. I drove the sled for about 3km without lights. I was thinking maybe there was too much power going to the ecu while the regulator was pooched. Possible damage to the aftermarket ecu? I guess the question i have is the odometer controlled by the ecu or the digital gauge screen?

Is this not an issue you should be taking up with whoever installed the turbo??
There's a chance they don't know what they are doing if they put a vipec on your sled.

alex8q4

Reaction score
The odometer readings are stored in the digital gauges, when you replace the gauge your odometer goes to zero.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say they shorted something out in the voltage regulator. Which will eventually take out your Ecu.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you rev the engine up do you blow the bulbs in the head lights, or do all your lights get brighter then usual? If not I would assume its not your regulator.

Top Bottom