2013 mxz 600 rs advice?

rotaxrider

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2013 mxz RS 600 just wondering what my EGT should be , what size of jets are you running , did you do any clutch work , mine seems to be loading up in the low end , I've done 112mph on top end at just under 1000 EGT , mid range I'm running around 750 EGT , also I've gone down to 270 jets, this is the factory race sled fyi

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to tell you that the speedometer must be off.
If you are stock gearing 23:49 then your sled is geared to do a maximum of 94mph at full shift overdrive. We have got them to 100mph on radar on lake superior out here but conditions are flat like a rink with enough snow for lube to do a short burst like that with 1.75 track.
I help guys x-country race clutching on these sleds and to get that kind of speed as you mention with a 1.75 track, then the sled either must be in the back of a truck or you have a 1" paddle on it. Once an xp speedo regardless of RS or 600etec or 800etec I have seen...gets to be around 100mph the speedo takes off. I seen 107mph on an 800etec 1.25 and showed 117mph.

If your egt is correct, then the engine is not making enough hp at less than 1000 degrees. Well known that should be at 1050~1150 degrees for the engine to be making full hot-pipe hp. At anywhere from 900~1000 degrees the engine will be down to 121~124hp. To get 127hp you have to be on the recommended blended octane fuel.

Billy Howard (Howards Inc Racing) takes pictures of the speedo at highest of speeds and then compares to radar and sometimes posts them on dootalk.

Prolly the best site for information to get the engine management and fuel delivery would be on dootalk.
MXZX Race Sleds - DOOTalk Forums
There is a race section an go through the FAQ's and you'll find jetting information.

I have clutching information if you are turning that sled down to trail from race.
Joey

Last edited:

rotaxrider

Reaction score
102 is what I meant and thats just what to computer said my top speed was but who knows with out a radar , I really don't even care , I'll check doo talk out thanks for the tip

Top Bottom