2013 m8 ice building up

chris_paquin

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my running boards icing up at the back and wondering if anyone has a fix for that. I tried to pop that little triangle plate off on the very back. It was easy just had to grind off 6 pop rivets. My only concern is that I may have lost some strength. Any advice out there? Here is some before and after pictures

image.jpg image.jpg

guy3_3

Reaction score
I cut the triangle piece out on my '12 too and still had icing issues after. I have skinz running boards on now and it still ices up at the back. Gonna try a tunnel wrap and see if that helps.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been having issues with my running boards icing up at the back and wondering if anyone has a fix for that. I tried to pop that little triangle plate off on the very back. It was easy just had to grind off 6 pop rivets. My only concern is that I may have lost some strength. Any advice out there? Here is some before and after pictures

View attachment 164034View attachment 164033
Echo cycle has van amburg boards on sale 375$ best route I think, just waiting to see about powdercoat for mine

geordiep

Reaction score
It's not worth removing the triangles. They are going to ice up there regardless of what you have. I bent my tunnel and snapped a gusset taking a bit hit without the triangles in. Not worth it.

I now have B&M Boards and a bit of ice still builds up at the back. I also did a carbon fiber 3M tunnel wrap and it sheds snow great. I also wrapped the underside too.

Top Bottom