2013 800 XP Rear Shocks

King

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2013 Summit XM 163 XP, I also have a line on a set of new rear shocks off 2014 X 163. My question is are the X shocks any better than the XP shocks? Is it worth it to change over?
And also what about the front shocks? Worth the change over? Thanks in advance for any hep

wilfort 85

Reaction score
I don't think you will notice a huge difference between the stock shocks, and the X shocks, unless you get them re-valved.

The advantage of the X shocks is they can be re-built, when the oil breaks down, and re-valved to suit your riding style, if desired.

If you are getting rear X shocks, with the intention of re-building or re-valving, I would suggest getting the X front shocks as well, and re-valve, to keep the suspension balanced.

I hope this helps.

King

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I don't think you will notice a huge difference between the stock shocks, and the X shocks, unless you get them re-valved.

The advantage of the X shocks is they can be re-built, when the oil breaks down, and re-valved to suit your riding style, if desired.

If you are getting rear X shocks, with the intention of re-building or re-valving, I would suggest getting the X front shocks as well, and re-valve, to keep the suspension balanced.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom