2012 Yamaha WOW (and arrrrrghhh!)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a griz that couldn't wheelie over something, that powered out climbing a hill, or couldn't spin in the mud...how much power do you REALLY need?

Its not so much the power as it is the characteristics of the power. A twin will rev up quicker and get spinning faster than a single.

Yeah, grizzlies can keep up with Brutes, they both wheelie over stuff, both spin the tires. The Brute is just going to feel more free revving.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It only took till 2012 for the brute to finally adopt power steering but hey who needs that anyway right?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got no arguments about the advantages of a twin. Personally I'd love to see Yamaha drop the 500 parallel twin out of the Phazer snowmobile into a quad; 80hp, revs to the moon and it sounds amazing...way better than the lawnmower noise a Polaris twin makes. But I still think singles have their place in the ATV world, mostly because they are way less complicated. Easier to tune, cheaper and easier to repair/maintain, less weight, less manufacturing cost, more compact, the list goes on. Kawi/Polaris/Can-Am are competing for the big power crowd and that's fine. Yamaha along with Honda and Suzuki are going after a different demographic obviously, but don't think for a second that they couldn't compete in the top-quad category if they chose to...they have the know-how.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry stock grizz compard to a stock brute..... easy choice...

even my buddys grizz all done up has nothing on my brute.....

its gutttttttttt less as all hell..............

Of course the grizz has nothing on the brute powerwise, but I've never been riding my grizz and said, "boy, if only I had more power I would have been able to do this!" My grizzly will stand up straight without moving my body in High. Thats all the power I need. And I can get over a little log, with the massive 9.4" ground clearance of the brute.... I don't know about that. :smiliestirthepot:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course the grizz has nothing on the brute powerwise, but I've never been riding my grizz and said, "boy, if only I had more power I would have been able to do this!" My grizzly will stand up straight without moving my body in High. Thats all the power I need. And I can get over a little log, with the massive 9.4" ground clearance of the brute.... I don't know about that. :smiliestirthepot:

Ya but with a brute we can turn 29" tires without needing to bore it out and a turbo :D im willing to give up clearance for power.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs to bore and turbo to turn 29.5's if you think that then maybe need learn about clutching. I've passed many of twins in the mud and snow, and towed the BROKEFORCES back. Quadboy thought the Popo was the best oh yea now its the Brute and next month will be......

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who needs to bore and turbo to turn 29.5's if you think that then maybe need learn about clutching. I've passed many of twins in the mud and snow, and towed the BROKEFORCES back. Quadboy thought the Popo was the best oh yea now its the Brute and next month will be......

I don't recall saying it was the best, I said it fit my needs the best, or so I thought. Turns out it was in the shop every weekend.

My buddy has a Brute 750i and it works. I never seen it in the shop. Now I got one, and It hasn't been in the shop yet. Maybe its a damn good quad.

And dude, chill out. Take posts with a grain of salt, people poke fun at everyones rides all the time.

Oh yeah, and next month... Its still gonna be a Brute... Probably with a few mods by then. Cheers. :rolleyes:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it's only taken Yamaha until (fill in year here) to adopt V-twin something Kawasaki has had since like 2002?

Power steering is for seniors and women.

don't kid your self yamy has twins all over the place. they just never felt the need to drop one in a 4 wheeler. if they decided to go hard they could drop a vmax motor in and go ok. but they are obviously approaching the market differently.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any of you retards that are against Yamaha would stop and realize that how long Yamaha has been in STUPID court battles because retarded owners and their court cases against Yamaha Corp.

Do you see any other court cases against other side by sides? No,.. it wouldn't be in Yamaha's best interest to release a twin or higher HP engine until these MORONS learn to drive,.. PERIOD.

It's not Yamaha delaying upgrades,.. it's the court battles

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya but with a brute we can turn 29" tires without needing to bore it out and a turbo :D im willing to give up clearance for power.

FYI: A grizzly with 27" tires still has more clearance than a brute with 29.5's...and isn't gaining extra ground clearance the whole point of running oversize tires in the first place?

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any of you retards that are against Yamaha would stop and realize that how long Yamaha has been in STUPID court battles because retarded owners and their court cases against Yamaha Corp.

Do you see any other court cases against other side by sides? No,.. it wouldn't be in Yamaha's best interest to release a twin or higher HP engine until these MORONS learn to drive,.. PERIOD.

It's not Yamaha delaying upgrades,.. it's the court battles

well.. or maybe they could go the other way and actually strap the Vmax on their UTV's for a year to weed out the week links.

dead people cant sue you.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People shouldn't get so heated, harassing other brands is all in good fun:beer:

I'm all for good fun, but when people start putting down brands because they don't know the facts it get's tedious.

It's like the old,.. my buddies brothers cousin said that model is a POS cause his step son had one and it broke down.

The fact is Yamaha hasn't released updates is because they are strapped,.. if they were to release a 900-100 v-twin, how would that look with the court cases,.. not to mention most of their money is tied up with court battles.

I want a v-twin rhino,.. but if it's not released for 2013, I'm going to a rzr, but you can thank the red neck Americans for the delay in release,.. anyone can drive/operate a sideXside,.. but it's whether they operate how the manufacturer intended it to be.

So bicker all you want, it's not that Yamaha this, BF that, it's the public that hampers future production.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI: A grizzly with 27" tires still has more clearance than a brute with 29.5's...and isn't gaining extra ground clearance the whole point of running oversize tires in the first place?

Then put on a lift kit... A 2 incher from Highlifter only costs like 80 bucks.

But then again, those 29.5 Laws are going to take you more places than a mudlite could even dream about. :rolleyes:

I'm all for good fun, but when people start putting down brands because they don't know the facts it get's tedious.

It's like the old,.. my buddies brothers cousin said that model is a POS cause his step son had one and it broke down.

The fact is Yamaha hasn't released updates is because they are strapped,.. if they were to release a 900-100 v-twin, how would that look with the court cases,.. not to mention most of their money is tied up with court battles.

I want a v-twin rhino,.. but if it's not released for 2013, I'm going to a rzr, but you can thank the red neck Americans for the delay in release,.. anyone can drive/operate a sideXside,.. but it's whether they operate how the manufacturer intended it to be.

So bicker all you want, it's not that Yamaha this, BF that, it's the public that hampers future production.

Darn Americans and their law-suits and their non-publically funded healthcare. :d

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't kid your self yamy has twins all over the place. they just never felt the need to drop one in a 4 wheeler. if they decided to go hard they could drop a vmax motor in and go ok. but they are obviously approaching the market differently.

And kawasaki could drop their 1400cc ninja engine in what's your point? No one was talking about their street bikes or anything else. Nice try though.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was kidding buddy.

You obviously know the Grizzly is short of power since you had to bore yours our. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get a big boy quad :D :smiliestirthepot:

Last edited:
Top Bottom