2012 Yamaha WOW (and arrrrrghhh!)

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just taking a look at Yamaha Canada's website tonight and noticed the 2012's are out. No mechanical changes that I noticed but what did catch my eye was a 1500-2000 dollar price drop across the board! Looks like someone has finally realized that our dollar is stronger than the US and is gonna stop screwing us over for once...lets hope the rest of the manufacturers follow suit. Although I am fairly choked that I just bought a 2011 Kodiak for the wife and paid probably a grand more than I would have if I had waited for a 2012:rant:

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered when quads would reach similar MSRP's to the US... Then again, I've never paid full price for a quad... I haggle. :d

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the yamaha's can still be just a 1,000 less than the 2012 Brute....i don't understand why anyone would go with the grizz with that amount of difference

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the price went down,there still selling the same product they built in 2007......

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was hoping to see some big changes since 2011 would be the end of one of the 5-year runs they like to do but I guess us tuning fork guys have to wait a little longer to see something new.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You won`t see much new out of Japan,they are hurting worse than the U.S......

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the yamaha's can still be just a 1,000 less than the 2012 Brute....i don't understand why anyone would go with the grizz with that amount of difference

Because some people like to ride their machine more then once without it breaking down. :smiliestirthepot:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because some people like to ride their machine more then once without it breaking down. :smiliestirthepot:

Wheelies in difflock 4X4 break diffs. Thats the only time I've seen a Brute diff let go. Thats the only major problem I've witnessed, the rest where small like the occasional fuse.

And I've seen quite a few Brutes on trails. I also got two friends I ride with who also have Brutes and never had any major problems. (why I bought one :d)

I hate to say bad things about Polaris, because they got a really good thing going with their XP, but mine has had terrible luck. If I had to point a finger I'd say them. I'd like to see them make something of their XP, would have liked to to hold up the past 6 months.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wheelies in difflock 4X4 break diffs. Thats the only time I've seen a Brute diff let go. Thats the only major problem I've witnessed, the rest where small like the occasional fuse.

And I've seen quite a few Brutes on trails. I also got two friends I ride with who also have Brutes and never had any major problems. (why I bought one :d)

I hate to say bad things about Polaris, because they got a really good thing going with their XP, but mine has had terrible luck. If I had to point a finger I'd say them. I'd like to see them make something of their XP, would have liked to to hold up the past 6 months.

Two of my friends have had nothing but terrible luck with their brutes, so they will never buy them again. Heard the same about PoPo lol. I just don't like the 9.4" of clearance with the new brutes. I've always liked them, especially their engine.. but hey. Grizzly is tried and true. Don't change what ain't broken I guess.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two of my friends have had nothing but terrible luck with their brutes, so they will never buy them again. Heard the same about PoPo lol. I just don't like the 9.4" of clearance with the new brutes. I've always liked them, especially their engine.. but hey. Grizzly is tried and true. Don't change what ain't broken I guess.

I wanted something more reliable, twin and good price.... Brute lol.

I was close to getting grizz but I already had a twin before so I had to twin it up again.

If the diff has fresh fluid and you dot lock up at speed, diff is reliable as any. :)

Sent from my white iPhone 4

mudhunter

Reaction score
Sounds like a Chevy / Ford fight.... Both machines have their qualities....
As long as it isn't sitting on the trailer on the first day out.......

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sorry stock grizz compard to a stock brute..... easy choice...

even my buddys grizz all done up has nothing on my brute.....

its gutttttttttt less as all hell..............

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry stock grizz compard to a stock brute..... easy choice...

even my buddys grizz all done up has nothing on my brute.....

its gutttttttttt less as all hell..............

Lol!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see a griz that couldn't wheelie over something, that powered out climbing a hill, or couldn't spin in the mud...how much power do you REALLY need?

Top Bottom