2012 Yamaha WOW (and arrrrrghhh!)

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then put on a lift kit... A 2 incher from Highlifter only costs like 80 bucks.

But then again, those 29.5 Laws are going to take you more places than a mudlite could even dream about

Do mudlites dream about going to the shop with a broken axle?

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was kidding buddy.

You obviously know the Grizzly is short of power since you had to bore yours our. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just get a big boy quad :D :smiliestirthepot:

Oh trust me I have one and would go anywhere any other quad did, if you would like come on down and I'll even pull you out after.:beerchug:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the main point in this is Yamaha make great products ,however other builders are upgrading there machines where as yamaha has not made a REAL change in 5 years...Sadly i see them going down the Honda path.
As the competition has grown new colors just don`t fool people anymore, and all the bikes are pretty reliable now...
Kawi seems to be the only Japanese bike to try and keep up. Yamaha refuses to stay competetive,Suzuki has all but quit (No UTV Offered) and Honda is 12 years behind...Also don`t tell me about honda reliability as they all have it now.......

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm man enough to admit that I would happily take a can-am over my grizzly if they weren't so god damn expensive. An outlander XXC would be parked right where my grizzly is...

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the main point in this is Yamaha make great products ,however other builders are upgrading there machines where as yamaha has not made a REAL change in 5 years...Sadly i see them going down the Honda path.
As the competition has grown new colors just don`t fool people anymore, and all the bikes are pretty reliable now...
Kawi seems to be the only Japanese bike to try and keep up. Yamaha refuses to stay competetive,Suzuki has all but quit (No UTV Offered) and Honda is 12 years behind...Also don`t tell me about honda reliability as they all have it now.......

The Honda reliability is no more. The thins have constant transmission problems.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
During around 2002 Kawasaki seems to have sprouted another cylinder, and evolutionary advantage, with others soon to follow. Polaris has done the same, with Can-Am following soon after the Traxters offspring produces the Outlander. As they start to emerge from sea level the ATV's soon realize the need to upgrade their inhalers, the air gets thin and tempuratures drop as the mighty twins conquer mountains, the PoPo realizes first with its 3rd gen (I believe) Sportsman now with EFI, it doesn't take long for Kawi to adopt this new form of jet-less form of aspiration.

As the generations move forward up the evolutionary chain they start to develop EPS and faster-locking front diffs, while Kawi still prefers its clutch type diff, and updates its body style and gives its offspring more power, Can-am gives birth to the XXC and XMR twins, with different personalities, and Polaris gives out the XP.

Meanwhile Suzuki's twin cylinder trait disappears after it stops mating with Kawasaki, and comes down with hypothermia in the rear control-arms causing a twitch in steering.

Yamaha, after '07 and getting EPS, goes into hibernation, never to be seen with any updates for the next 5 years. While Honda updates its looks every once and a while, as evident in '05, '08 and '11 the internals don't really change much, with the exception of liquid cooling and EFI and EPS, they are never that quick, and haven't adopted the diff lock of the other makes from years ago.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly i think everyone knows Twins make power. everyone gets it.

i think the reason people get pissed when you guys bring it up is because you bring it up in every freaking post and beat that horse to death 5000x a day.

People understand Twins make power Hell i was one of the people that told Quadboy if he ditches his XP not to buy a single as he wont like the power of it.

but seriously. the horse is dead .. its so dead that its already just bones left.

Yamaha does need to so something. and not just a little head work.

hell they could keep improving their 700s and just build a bigger motor for their flagship machines just so keep in the heat.

the thing is many people buy 700 grizzlies its probably still the #1 selling atv or close too it.

but they still should have a flag ship ATV/UTV power wise just to be competitive.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly i think everyone knows Twins make power. everyone gets it.

i think the reason people get pissed when you guys bring it up is because you bring it up in every freaking post and beat that horse to death 5000x a day.

People understand Twins make power Hell i was one of the people that told Quadboy if he ditches his XP not to buy a single as he wont like the power of it.

but seriously. the horse is dead .. its so dead that its already just bones left.

Yamaha does need to so something. and not just a little head work.

hell they could keep improving their 700s and just build a bigger motor for their flagship machines just so keep in the heat.

the thing is many people buy 700 grizzlies its probably still the #1 selling atv or close too it.

but they still should have a flag ship ATV/UTV power wise just to be competitive.

If that is a response to my post, I assure you I mean you no harm. I posted it merely as a joke.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really care what anyone posts. i'm just telling you why you see people freaking out on you in nearly every 3rd post.

I've just been taking a step back and looking at why you see posts like earlier and even the ones that got deleted.

I have friends running every bike under the sun and i keep up quite nicely so i'm not jealous of anyone. i have also done a lot of crap to my bike for shits and giggles and mostly pure boredom factor though and can typically go through places they cant regardless of brand.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really care what anyone posts. i'm just telling you why you see people freaking out on you in nearly every 3rd post.

I've just been taking a step back and looking at why you see posts like earlier and even the ones that got deleted.

I have friends running every bike under the sun and i keep up quite nicely so i'm not jealous of anyone. i have also done a lot of crap to my bike for shits and giggles and mostly pure boredom factor though and can typically go through places they cant regardless of brand.

I mod for a second hobby. It gets the best of me, but nothing makes you feel like riding more than after you've installed a new part!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or after winters over and your atv has been sitting mid center in your garage with you alternating aftermarket parts in it to keep from going crazy.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i haven't even rode my atv this year since i moved to green court ab. have no idea where to ride and lost all my riding partners.

Top Bottom