2012 XP Suspension Options

_LB_

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Doing some mods to my 2012 Summit X and I'm looking to upgrade the front and rear suspension to something better. I've looked into the Raptor Shocks as well as the Tom's E-Motion Kit but have not gotten a reply from either of them yet so I figured I would come here with a few questions. Do you find that you are screwing with the amount of air in the fox floats fairly often or are they set and forget type suspension? I hear the Raptors are more of a race style suspension and good for climbing and trail but not much difference otherwise, I do mostly trees and have started to get into jumping/dropping a bit more noting crazy but would like the option of something that would hold up to bigger drops as I get more accustomed to it, and the last thing I want is to be the guy that spends more time screwing around under the hood than ripping up the mountain. Any input at all is appreciated!

LB

geordiep

Reaction score
Buddy has a Tom's on his XP and it was amazing how much easier everything was for him. Popped out of the snow much faster. Tom's suggested pressure setting were pretty close too. As for the Float shocks, you aren't constantly checking pressures. If there is a big temperature change check them. Takes 2 minutes with the pump. On my Cat, I check pressures before leaving the truck just for piece of mind. Rarely have to adjust.

If you want fast adjustability for each condition/terrain the Raptors are it. Easy 20-click adjusters. Have you looked at the KMOD or Timbersled coupling skids?

Top Bottom