2012 Summit X loosing power

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a reported issue that the rave bellow retainers are backing off. Its easy to see, pull the caps off and have a look.

BXP-88

Reaction score
Have over 600 KM on my 2012 E-TEC now, running "The Thing" no problems, no codes, pulled 7900 on clicker one in all conditoins, during the last day of our trip RPM dropped as low as 7200 under load. Have to pull some things apart on days off i guess.

Last edited:

JTT800

Reaction score
Got my sled back from the dealer today. No fault found. Got them to check the Rave valves and they said the bolts are tight. They called brp and they said not to do any work on it until it's through the break-in period. Brp also said the etech does all kinds of weird stuff in break in mode that should go away. Im at 530km and they said it has 23% left until it's broke in.
Most frustrating part about it was the dealer said since there was no fault found that I had to pay. She told me the bill was $500 but since I have a family member that works in the parts department that she'd only charge me $200. I think she could see the frustration in my face so she said she'd keep the work order open until the sled was broken in. If they can't find something after that then I have to pay. I've never had to deal with brp warranty before so maybe that's the way it works.
Hopefully it goes back to the way it was on the first few rides.

Thanks for all the help and responses.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my sled back from the dealer today. No fault found. Got them to check the Rave valves and they said the bolts are tight. They called brp and they said not to do any work on it until it's through the break-in period. Brp also said the etech does all kinds of weird stuff in break in mode that should go away. Im at 530km and they said it has 23% left until it's broke in.
Most frustrating part about it was the dealer said since there was no fault found that I had to pay. She told me the bill was $500 but since I have a family member that works in the parts department that she'd only charge me $200. I think she could see the frustration in my face so she said she'd keep the work order open until the sled was broken in. If they can't find something after that then I have to pay. I've never had to deal with brp warranty before so maybe that's the way it works.
Hopefully it goes back to the way it was on the first few rides.

Thanks for all the help and responses.

They wanted to charge you $500 to check the sled over? Did they service the chaincase? 530 kms I am sure you are at the 10hour mark. You need to hold that throttle open more.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
My first response was get a new dealer. Then I checked your location. The dealer we are discussing here tried to charge me $200 to mount a quad tire. Parts good, service not so much.

Top Bottom