2012 rmk pro 800 suspension setup

EASY

Reaction score
I was riding in revy the other day and noticed that a lot of the PRO'S looked like they had the rear suspension jacked up. Is there something to this ?? and if so why ?? I have about 4 inches of sag as it sits right now. I was told to jack it up until there is only about an inch of sag, but I do not know if this is correct or not and if it would affect the way it climbs or side hills.

I have been bottoming out on some big hits, but it is few and far between.......any help on this would be great

turboassault

Reaction score
If your suspension is sagging and you bottoming out i would jack it up. Tighten the rear shock first as i have heard that a stiff front shock can lead to wheeliing when climbing.

EASY

Reaction score
gunnna tighten it up, but still unsure on amount of sag that should be left in the suspension after you get off the machine ??

Parfetts

Reaction score
The manual has a quick set up guide in it for the rear skid. I think the rear shock length should be from around 9 1/2 to 10 1/4 inches in length depending on weight. My dealer had my rear shock tightend in way past the min recomended shock settings (at about 8 1/2") and was supper stiff in the back with no sag. I backed mine out to 10" which gave me a few inches of sag when I'm not on the machine. Only have on day on it but it seemed to feel good. Make sure to lift the skid off the ground when measuring shock length. Cheers

Top Bottom