2012 proclimb test ride

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after finally getting to ride it yesterday at powderking i must say i am pretty impressed. those spindles werent even the slightest issue, the sled pops out of the snow way better than the M does, The sled will take a bit to get used to as i had to do some laps in the meadows to figure out how it reacted and i must say way less effort involved in making it do what you want. we were riding in deep deep snow (no base). must say cat did a very good job with this sled. very very impressed. my only gripe about this sled is the digital gas guage kind of sucks as it varies so much on what angle your sitting at. i did take some videos, they arent that great but i can post em if anyone is interested in seeing how well it performed.
see ya on the mountain.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after finally getting to ride it yesterday at powderking i must say i am pretty impressed. those spindles werent even the slightest issue, the sled pops out of the snow way better than the M does, The sled will take a bit to get used to as i had to do some laps in the meadows to figure out how it reacted and i must say way less effort involved in making it do what you want. we were riding in deep deep snow (no base). must say cat did a very good job with this sled. very very impressed. my only gripe about this sled is the digital gas guage kind of sucks as it varies so much on what angle your sitting at. i did take some videos, they arent that great but i can post em if anyone is interested in seeing how well it performed.
see ya on the mountain.

yeh yeh yeh post away.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see ya on the mountain.

So glad to hear this... I must admit I have been worried about the spindles and the handling!! Now I'm even more excited to fetch my sled out of Mike Many#'s garage. !!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Who said it's in the garage???It sits outside at the dealership...although there's probly not as many kids there crawling all over it
So glad to hear this... I must admit I have been worried about the spindles and the handling!! Now I'm even more excited to fetch my sled out of Mike Many#'s garage. !!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're a tank to flip back over when it's on it's side, and needs a better track than the power claw. Those are my only 2 dislikes about mine. Other than that it is a great sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who said it's in the garage???It sits outside at the dealership...although there's probly not as many kids there crawling all over it

Well... Those pictures sure looked like a garage?? Oh well... Soon it will be in my garage ;)

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i personally didnt think it was any worse trying to flip this sled over than any other sled we were riding with. i havent had the opportunity to really tets any other tracks as the last one i had was an 07 M8 and that track sucks so this is a huge improvment over that lol.
dont worry a bit sledmamma . i actually liked having the taller spindals, easy for another person to grab hold of when your stuck :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i personally didnt think it was any worse trying to flip this sled over than any other sled we were riding with. i havent had the opportunity to really tets any other tracks as the last one i had was an 07 M8 and that track sucks so this is a huge improvment over that lol.
dont worry a bit sledmamma . i actually liked having the taller spindals, easy for another person to grab hold of when your stuck :p

That will for sure come in handy then: I have a real talent for getting stuck! So, how was PowderKing? Our friends are skiing up there this weekend and said the powder is great... How deep would you guess it is? Do you know the area well? I have never been and would love to meet some tour guides!! I promise not to get stuck... much ;P

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad knows the area very well (he bought the 2012) i am still learning the area but have an idea of where to go but he knows alot more than i :p. there was no base up there but tons of snow the one guy on the pro rm buried his deep enough you could only see his head peaking out and still wasnt seeing ground. so probably around 7ft or more at the top. but like i said no base so its tough goings. jsut give us a shout one day and we will see what we can do :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad knows the area very well (he bought the 2012) i am still learning the area but have an idea of where to go but he knows alot more than i :p. there was no base up there but tons of snow the one guy on the pro rm buried his deep enough you could only see his head peaking out and still wasnt seeing ground. so probably around 7ft or more at the top. but like i said no base so its tough goings. jsut give us a shout one day and we will see what we can do :)

Well that sounds like a person could and should go soon! I love the first ride with no base- all you can do is get stuck, laugh and giggle your face off. How are the creek crossings etc? Are there very many? We have friends coming from AB for a weekend Nov 25th ish-- you guys think you'd want to take a stab at it? I will have my 2012 by then and can give it my own stamp of approval...

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will have to talk to paps about it and see whats going on and such, we might be out of town then but i will check with him. not many creek crossing ( maybe 1 or 2 and they really small nothing to worry about :p

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's harder to flip back over than my 09 m series. I do really like the sled though. It took a while to get used to how it reacts compared to my old one that's for sure. Even on the trail the sled is night and day better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will have to talk to paps about it and see whats going on and such, we might be out of town then but i will check with him. not many creek crossing ( maybe 1 or 2 and they really small nothing to worry about :p

That's hilarious- a friend who is up there with his new-to-him 2009 m8 SnoPro left me a message on FB that said he only made it 4kms in 3 hrs and that the creek crossings were killing him... Note to self: Don't ride with HIM. Bahahaha!!

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yes it took us 4 hours atleast to get there but wasnt the crossings that were getting us. it was shaking the rust off and getting through all the pow as we were breaking trail but it should be all good now as it was a solid trail when we left to head home. but it was all fun :)
bahaha he must of gun up yesterday to cuz i dont see it being that bad today unless it snowed like 3 feet overnight haha

Top Bottom