2012 proclimb 1100 Turbo first ride impressions..

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2]
icon10.gif
2012 proclimb 1100 Turbo first ride impressions..[/h]
- Finally got the chance to ride the new 4 stroke turbo, after some tuning of the front shocks, down from 125 psi to 60 it made a world of difference... almost as easy as the 800 proclimb to chuck around.. except for the weight difference which is noticable, but not a huge down fall quite a bit lighter and easyier to toss around than my apex...more power too..

what made me smile
- power of course...smooth un ending..
- new seat is awesome. comfortable, trail and standing boon docking just around comfort. easy to through the leg over..
- handle bars are surprisingly comfortable for me im gonna add 1" riser
- guages are well placed - easy to read...
- handwarmers are awesome...almost impossible to leave on high... - i did put the hand guards on though..
what i want to add...
- bigger bug deflector- its to small for me as a windshield.... imo its sporty and all but the rides up the trail at -25 or -28 will be bone chillers..
- hand guards and knee pads creature comfort for my old bones...
- big rear bag for the belt and essential gear...
- sport bumper on all proclimbs is a must imo...
- need a deflector for the ignition (or bigger windshield) as it ices over... nothing methal hydrate wont fix..
little deflectors on the tunnel at the rear.... i know there suppose to stop the snow but they also hold it in, i will try it with out them on the next ride...to see the diff

throwing the exhaust can on to loose a few pounds and i did throw the simmons gen 1 cause i like them so much, have the stockers on the proclimb eight and there good too...

fuel economy.... well good i guess. cant say i was babying the throttle either so i didnt expect miracles...

thats my un biased customer/rider thoughts....

I anticpate a ride in the future with the speed werx upgrade that is going on some sleds, can t say as i would be able to
comment on what the power would be like, but i will say this...you dam well better have kung fu grip..... that thing pulls hard..

T​

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does power compare to a 2stroke 800 like the new m8? at elevation.
turbo has more much more and torque. 800 is more nimble for sure , in think more time on the seat and setting up the turbo is gonna be so close. Yes heavier but different kinda like gibbons rare and crown special blend. Both are really good And you can appreciate both

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does power compare to a 2stroke 800 like the new m8? at elevation.

Agree with Markoo........new M8 doesn't compare. Rode in Revy with a '12 M8, '09 M8 both stock over the holidays. The M8's wouldn't even compare. The Proclimb M8 was my g/f's sled.....I could put a mark on the hill with my 1100 then try the same line with her M8 and it wouldn't be close.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got to try mine out on the weekend. First thing that sticks out in my mind is the power it seems to have lots of it. It's got a ton of torque and very smooth with very little vibration in the bars. The sled is feels heavy at low speed when maneuvering but once I got used to the new characteristics of the machine it wasn't that bad. When boondocking in the trees I actually found it to be similar to my rev that had a 41" ski stance. But surprisingly nimble when in the power. It felt really lite to drive all day. On the trail it's an animal the suspension was great and it was easy to ride the whooped out trails too fast.
I did find the seat a little slippery but simply turned the heater on for a few minutes and problem solved. Rear suspension coupled a little too much creating a wheelie monster and the rear shock was a little too soft for me even at 150 psi. Panel fit isn't a very good design it let snow it. Icing in the tunnel was annoying.
This is what some of my thoughts are and I'm glad I bought it. This coming from a guy that was a lite weight mod sled lover that has never owned a cat or a 4stroke before.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i drove the snot off it for 10 min friday and compared to my nytro it handled awesome. If I had Go Verticals money I would buy one too. Power is good and there is no stock 800 that is going to be close to it climbing.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should look at one for your mrs. She was asking if she could get one. Maybe Terry or Gene could help you out in this department.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one other thing is i removed the two deflectors at the back of the floorboards. i think they are there to keep the snow out but it seemed to hold it in...going to mm5 this weekend with them off and a little other mod :) :) :) will report back....

t

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, can you compare it to an M1000 in terms of handling, ski pressure, etc? Is the M1100T much heavier in terms of "feel"? Mine's lost about 70 lbs from a stocker, would love to hear your opinion.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terry, can you compare it to an M1000 in terms of handling, ski pressure, etc? Is the M1100T much heavier in terms of "feel"? Mine's lost about 70 lbs from a stocker, would love to hear your opinion.

rode mine for the first time today. Freight train power and it's a good thing cause it handles like one. will have to play with the suspection set up. see if I can make it handle the way I want.

Bicknell1545

Reaction score
im fairly new at mountian riding but also had to do some suspention adjusting. 75 pounds in the front and 110 in the back. front shock on the skid i cranked up a couple turns and this made it handel way better in the trees. just got home from the pass after riding two days. the first with totally stock machine. the second with the boondocker 1.9. u would not belive the difference. stock the turbo has a lots of leg till u get some rpms, with the boondocker ur spooling up almost instantly. makes it feel more like a two stroke. plus it makes it 230hp by just plug and play, i understand worth ever penny. will need more weight in the clutch but runs not to bad stock for now. not problems getting in or out of reverse, but sometime is beeps like its in reverse when its not.....found if it is doing this just push ur reverse button till u here it clunk into reverse then push it agian to go forward. seems to run normal thou. hopefully there is an upgain or something for this

Last edited:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got a couple in the shop now that dont like going in reverse. Tried swapping in new gears & they are not lining up properly.
If you can pull the sled forward couple feet & you should be able to get it back into forward gear to ride it out.

They beeper coming on we have found pinched wires on the reverse harness. Check a couple of the clamping points & see if the wires are pinched/ cut through.
Hope this helps some of you out there.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Second ride yesterday and I'm starting to get the hang of it. We had to cut our ride short because one of the other sleds in our group had a break down. Had to ride down to the truck to call a helicopter to haul out the dead sled. The M1100T really impressed me on the trails. We were hauling some ass to get down to the truck and call out the Helicopter. The smooth power and the suspension really shined on the trail down. I will still have to play with the suspension set up for my personal liking in the deep.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im fairly new at mountian riding but also had to do some suspention adjusting. 75 pounds in the front and 110 in the back. front shock on the skid i cranked up a couple turns and this made it handel way better in the trees. just got home from the pass after riding two days. the first with totally stock machine. the second with the boondocker 1.9. u would not belive the difference. stock the turbo has a lots of leg till u get some rpms, with the boondocker ur spooling up almost instantly. makes it feel more like a two stroke. plus it makes it 230hp by just plug and play, i understand worth ever penny. will need more weight in the clutch but runs not to bad stock for now. not problems getting in or out of reverse, but sometime is beeps like its in reverse when its not.....found if it is doing this just push ur reverse button till u here it clunk into reverse then push it agian to go forward. seems to run normal thou. hopefully there is an upgain or something for this

mine did this as well, I brought it in and they changed sensor now its all good

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reverse is like a quad tranny. If it won't go in. Rock or wiggle the sled a little and I slips in nice. I ride with 3 of the m1100 and this works great.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, RIDE UP DATES....

REMOVING THE PLATE AT THE END OF RUNNING BOARD HELPED IN CLEARING THE SNOW....IMO... GOT SOME SEAT TIME IN FERNIE AT MM5 LAST WEEKEND...NICE NO FAULKING AWESOME...OH YA...WITH THE SPEEDWERX UPGRADE...:):):) 240 ON PUMP ,,:):):) AND THE ABILITY TO SET IT BACK TO STOCK IN THE TREES AT THE TWIST OF THE DIAL.... AND IT WORKS... AWESOME... WELL WORTH THE 1000.00 THATS MBRP CAN ( LOSE 10LBS) ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH WEIGHTS/ SPEEDWERX PROGRAMMER....

STILL ENJOYED THE PROCLIMB 800 IN FERNIE...BUT CRAVED THE TURBO ...... :) :) :) MY TWO CENTS...

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found out that the vibration I had wasn't just ice build up in the tunnel. The rear axle boggie wheels delaminated.(all the rubber come off). The track became very loose but didn't ratchet.

Top Bottom