2012 Pro "Topping Out" on the trail

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
The last couple rides my Pro started topping out fairly hard going through the bumps on the trail. Going mach chicken is the only way to avoid it now. Regular cruising speed or even slowing way down doesn't work. Any suggestions? Haven't changed anything and the trail wasn't excessively rough. Shocks 'look" fine as well. Thx

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
No it "tops" out when the back of the sled goes over the crest of the bump. As I'm dropping inot the next trough the rear of the sled seems to slam up. And as I stated these aren't large bumps.

Last edited:

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Nope. Just spring preload.
I asked when getting my oil line recall fixed if this was normal and was told they just ride rough on the trail and to get a Rush if I wanted smooth. Didn't think this seemed right since it felt ok for first 600 miles.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope. Just spring preload.
I asked when getting my oil line recall fixed if this was normal and was told they just ride rough on the trail and to get a Rush if I wanted smooth. Didn't think this seemed right since it felt ok for first 600 miles.
Sounds like someone that doesn't deserve your business anymore.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
To be fair I called them at the last minute since I had some time and they snuck me in for the recall repair. I didn't really explain the problem that well or push the issue as it was the end of the day and I was in a hurry.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have blown your shock seal and probably lost most your oil. Had this happen as well. No fun coming down a climb and hitting a few bumps and doing some nose wheelie's to wake yourself up !

tool_man

Reaction score
My 12 did same thing, was real rough ride in the whoops then called dealer they didn't seem to have a clue or be bothered to call me back. So took shocks out and had inspected and shock guy found front shock with damaged seal in it. Fixed and great now again!

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Took both my shocks out and removed springs. The rear shock compressed nicely and rebounded slowly. The front shock was hard to compress and shot right back out. There was no sign of oil leaking or anything so something let go inside.

Top Bottom