2012 pro rmk ??

Grunger

Reaction score
I just checked a PRO RMK 800 163" with the retro graphics from High River.

Now I can't wait for winter again!

polaris69

Reaction score
ya couple guys have had issues with that bending a little. On the 2012's that piece is steel instead of aluminum.
same material with powder coating.Havent heard of any bent sleds or problems so far,snow checkin 144 assault to go with my 2011pro 163. One for the hills and one for the flats,cycle works has coverd me through all my problems with my 08 and 09! Service and sales are excellent!!

polaris69

Reaction score
ya couple guys have had issues with that bending a little. On the 2012's that piece is steel instead of aluminum.
same material with powder coating.Havent heard of any bent sleds or problems so far,snow checkin 144 assault to go with my 2011pro 163. One for the hills and one for the flats,cycle works has coverd me through all my problems with my 08 and 09! Service and sales are excellent!!

rcenterprises

Reaction score
You havent herd of any bent Pro,s?? You guys up north must be getting them built better then us down here in Wally World. My 2011 Pro has bent rails, Both running boards are bent, The tunnel is tweeked at the rear mount. Im 230 lbs and ride it like all the other new sleds that I have. None of the other sleds are falling apart like this Pro 163 is. As far as the Engine? I have New. Injectors,TPS,Throttle safety switch, Plugs, Caps, Wires, Primary spring, and it still cuts out and spits and sputters. That being said.. Yes this is the best mountain sled I have ever had. I love it but Polaris and my dealer have not found out what is wrong with it in 700 miles. I sold this POS and the new owner is now having the same problem with the engine. Im not the only one with a bent up Pro, Most all of the big mountain riders have bent up their Pro's. I need to get a sled snow checked but I don't know what to do. Go Back to Cat on a new sled that nobody has got to demo { NICE WAY TO INTRO A NEW SLED CAT } Or go back to Polaris, the best sled that I have been on and hope it is better mechanically than the last one.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know one guy that bent the tunnel on pro...5 US gallons of gas. I also know one Freeride with a bent tunnel...36 beer

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know one guy that bent the tunnel on pro...5 US gallons of gas. I also know one Freeride with a bent tunnel...36 beer

Hmmm, sounds like guys not using common sense and putting alot of weight right on the end of the tunnel. I've never done that to any of my sleds. It also sounds like a Doo guy trying to stir the pot a little.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen videos of guys from Quebec riding with 5 gallon jerrycans on the back of there Poo 163s. I don't think the tunnels are bending from that, it's them hard tail landings that must be doing it. Then again my buddy rode my sled yesterday to give it a try and had a wheelie just about go backwards on him at about 35mph when it caught at the back and flipped back forward . I thought for sure my tunnel was bent but No just my 2005 900 RMK rear bumper. So I say the tunnel is pretty tough. I guess run the five gallon jerry can up the trail, then empty it as soon as possible to avoid a downward bend which I think is what is happening here on some sleds.Tunnel bows open at bottom and causes some wrinkling of the tunnel.

rockydaug

Reaction score
I've seen videos of guys from Quebec riding with 5 gallon jerrycans on the back of there Poo 163s. I don't think the tunnels are bending from that, it's them hard tail landings that must be doing it. Then again my buddy rode my sled yesterday to give it a try and had a wheelie just about go backwards on him at about 35mph when it caught at the back and flipped back forward . I thought for sure my tunnel was bent but No just my 2005 900 RMK rear bumper. So I say the tunnel is pretty tough. I guess run the five gallon jerry can up the trail, then empty it as soon as possible to avoid a downward bend which I think is what is happening here on some sleds.Tunnel bows open at bottom and causes some wrinkling of the tunnel.

Right on the tunnel it says no more then 25 lbs I believe, and if the weight of a 5 gallon is at the end of the tunnel, that is 35 pounds plus.:nono:

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's no way I would put it at the end of the tunnel. I think this is how you will look for trouble. It should be right after the seat ends. Maybe they should put a sticker that says RIDE AT OWN RISK.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a sticker on the tunnel that says no more then 15 pounds. So if you put a 30 pounds gas can on the end you can imagine what it may do. Plus when that 30 pound gas can starts bouncing up and down.

TARRANT

Reaction score
by 153 you mean 155 ;) I also snowchecked that same sled with carbon fiber panels and hood, tunnel stiffeners, and the snowcheck cover . Gonna be a long summer this year

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked a 155 Pro...Black...didn't know carbon fiber panels were an option :confused: or a cover for that matter. Got the low windshield and hand guards I think is all. No electric start for me.

how much ish $$ ?? just curios,, those sleds sound like they are working good.

thx

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

thx

I could have gotten the pro rmk 155" for $11,700 OTD while the standard white 155" was $10,750 OTD.

Can't beat those prices, hard to not get a new sled :d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca

thx

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I didn't ask. My poo dealer is one of my good friends and I trust him. I doo know that it will be cheaper than what most Polaris dealers are selling them for. They do seem to be working well. I followed Phillip Yribar's professional season on his 2011 pro and that kid put this machine to the TEST...nothing but huge airtime.

Top Bottom