2012 pro rmk ??

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would explain why the plates are painted now. My tunnel is still fine, but should do some upgrades over the summer. Just in case.

I would be willing to bet a small amount of money it was done just for looks and they are the same material as before. I have not heard of one problem with that portion of the tunnel, but I'm sure I will now ;)

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just checked it out and I have seen that problem in the past guys don't want to admit they jumped and landed on the tail or pulled a "wheelie" and hit hard on the tunnel. I'm 280 lbs suited up with pack and I carry a full can of gas and at least 10lbs in my rear bag with no issues. Not buying the I was cruising down the trail and my tunnel folded story he is trying to sell. Anyone else bend one without a good jump or hit? Same goes for the guys that complain because they hit a stump or rock and bent an A-arm lets get real here if you hit one and don't do damage your lucky it's not because your sled is better or worse than another brand. I hit a stump going a pretty good pace and it stopped me dead, sent me over the bars and NO damage, pure luck. Years ago I hit a rock at walking speed maybe 3mph and folded the left side back about a foot. It's a fine edge we make for the manufactures to follow, make it weigh nothing but make it as strong as a tank. :d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya couple guys have had issues with that bending a little. On the 2012's that piece is steel instead of aluminum.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big fan of the assault. you can snowcheck it with the series 5.1 track. thinks that the route i am going to go.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big fan of the assault. you can snowcheck it with the series 5.1 track. thinks that the route i am going to go.

I like the thought of the upgraded suspension.
and now that you can get the 5.1 track....this might be the way to go.

What are your thoughts on the wider ski stance?

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you do notice the wider ski stance actually i have a 2011 assault which i converted to the 5.1 track and i moved the skis in but once you get used to it its awesome!!! nimble as hell still

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you know i don't think it would be much difference because the narrowest ski stance on the assault is the same as the widest on the rmk. And without a sway bar I am sure flopping it over isn't going to be any harder. just not a fan of black sleds. i don't like orange and i do not want to pay an extra $350.00 for white side panels. and I am not old enough to be driving a retro. lol.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you show more models...Assault switchy

As promised.

IMG_0059.jpg

Color options for the Assault sleds
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

:beer:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about switching to a 2012 poo, it's been since the not so mighty 800 in 2000 that I last had an rmk.

Question I read that great chassis but crappy motor only making 143 hp whereas the etec and cat are 160? I love the fact of 438lbs but is the hp number real???

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking about switching to a 2012 poo, it's been since the not so mighty 800 in 2000 that I last had an rmk.

Question I read that great chassis but crappy motor only making 143 hp whereas the etec and cat are 160? I love the fact of 438lbs but is the hp number real???

The pro 155 is 431 and the 163 is 438 for hp they are pushing 154.

Top Bottom