2012 pro rmk need a can

Johnny 5

Reaction score
just picked up my 2012 pro rmk 155 ,now i want to buy a can for what would you guy suggest , something a little noisy would be alright

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put a mbrp on my pro works awesome ... also heard the slp works reallly well on the pro

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cans dont really add any hp, guys mostly put em on for sound and weight savings. if you want to add hp go with the slp pipe/can combo, it adds 13hp and takes 7lbs off the pro. however you would have to run a fuel controller if you have that set up. guys are also running a can/head combo as well, check out some of the other pro ride threads on this forum.

bren3flames

Reaction score
I just put a sled shed can on mine and it sounds pretty good and is loud, it has a built in muff pot cooker holder in it to which is kinda handy if you have a cooker.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HPS can!!!! save 7 lbs and gain 3.75 hp and with a power addiction head add 6 hp for a total of 9.75 hp

Chris 780-963-0080

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HPS can!!!! save 7 lbs and gain 3.75 hp and with a power addiction head add 6 hp for a total of 9.75 hpChris 780-963-0080
Sorry ur not going to get 3+ HP out of any can alone
I talked direct w HPS and they r not claiming 3+ HP
Maybe 1 and about 150 RPM increase
As mentioned before a can will drop weight and add noise for the most part
Most are using the HPS on the pro w good results
MBRP or SPI are good as well

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry ur not going to get 3+ HP out of any can alone
I talked direct w HPS and they r not claiming 3+ HP
Maybe 1 and about 150 RPM increase
As mentioned before a can will drop weight and add noise for the most part
Most are using the HPS on the pro w good results
MBRP or SPI are good as well

Oh sorry I guess the new 2012 HPS catalog that Scott sent me because I am a canadian dealer for him is a miss print lol.

Attachments

• DSCF0223.jpg
    DSCF0223.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 511
  • DSCF0224.jpg
    DSCF0224.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 511

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wondering about that 3.75hp gain with a HPS can too. Any independent dyno tests to back that claim up?

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh sorry I guess the new 2012 HPS catalog that Scott sent me because I am a canadian dealer for him is a miss print lol.

look i wasnt trying to call you out
i know who you are and fully respect a lot of what you have to say on this board
regardless of whats in that catalogue, you and i both know that a 4HP gain from a CAN ALONE is VERY unlikely
i called all the big guys regarding exhausts - MBRP, HPS, SPI, SLP, BMP, AAEN and not ONE of them could verify anything more than 1-2HP
and that was even debatable in most cases (on both the 600 and 800 engines)

i spent probably close to 35 mins on the phone w Scott (when you could tell he was VERY busy as well) and i flat out asked him about any HP gains
he said MAYBE, MAYBE 1 or 2 but really said the biggest advantage was a deeper sounds than OEM, and much lighter
only reason i didnt buy one from him, ewas because i had to cut part of the aluminum shroud back on my mid pipe (as he uses the same can on the 600 as the 800)
i didnt want to do this, so i went elsewhere

sorry but i just dont buy that a can ALONE can give you an increase of 4HP

enis you just got served!!

really??? served hey........if you say so.......

I am wondering about that 3.75hp gain with a HPS can too. Any independent dyno tests to back that claim up?

thank you!
show mw some dyno tests to prove it, OR if it comes DIRECT from Scotty himself ill buy it
but like i said above, i chatted w the man himself, and even he was skeptical of the 1-2HP gain....certainly not 4

do some searching on SW
there is a TON of guys running HPS on their sleds there
just about everyone will report a significant weight loss, some gain in RPM's (about 150), a deeper sound tham OEM and a clean install....thats about it

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look i wasnt trying to call you out
i know who you are and fully respect a lot of what you have to say on this board
regardless of whats in that catalogue, you and i both know that a 4HP gain from a CAN ALONE is VERY unlikely
i called all the big guys regarding exhausts - MBRP, HPS, SPI, SLP, BMP, AAEN and not ONE of them could verify anything more than 1-2HP
and that was even debatable in most cases (on both the 600 and 800 engines)

i spent probably close to 35 mins on the phone w Scott (when you could tell he was VERY busy as well) and i flat out asked him about any HP gains
he said MAYBE, MAYBE 1 or 2 but really said the biggest advantage was a deeper sounds than OEM, and much lighter
only reason i didnt buy one from him, ewas because i had to cut part of the aluminum shroud back on my mid pipe (as he uses the same can on the 600 as the 800)
i didnt want to do this, so i went elsewhere

sorry but i just dont buy that a can ALONE can give you an increase of 4HP

really??? served hey........if you say so.......

thank you!
show mw some dyno tests to prove it, OR if it comes DIRECT from Scotty himself ill buy it
but like i said above, i chatted w the man himself, and even he was skeptical of the 1-2HP gain....certainly not 4

do some searching on SW
there is a TON of guys running HPS on their sleds there
just about everyone will report a significant weight loss, some gain in RPM's (about 150), a deeper sound tham OEM and a clean install....thats about it

if you are so upset about this just buy the pipe an put the sled on the dyno pay the money to prove your point. Or just talk about it, that what most people seem to do on forums either way i got the pipe with the head and it works great. I would recommend this pipe to anyone. I dont know about you but i cant feel that one horse your complaining about but i dont have such a feeling for my sled i just like to ride it, TALKING ABOUT IT ONLY GOES SO FAR.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the HPS & PA head. Great combo, pulls much harder thru the mid vs stock. Just a thought. If Scott did indeed say his can only makes 1-2 hp, yet his catalogue states close to 4 hp, wouldn't that be false advertising ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

evil1

Reaction score
INSTALLED A MBRP FOR A WEIGHT SAVINGS OF 4.5 LBS,,ITS FAIRLY QUIET ALL AROUND,,GOT A GOOD RING ON THE TOP END WHEN YA STAND IT UP AND POINT IT AT YOUR BUDDY,,LOL....i WASNT GOING FOR LOUD,,GOT A BARE TURBO'D NITRO TO MAKE MY EARS BLEED

Top Bottom