2012 pro rmk 800 or 2012 doo etec 800???

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah that was a good hit! Was that in Allen creek before the cabin? I love boondocking there!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your eyes must be brown your so full of it.

now were all engineers and study the rocks and stumps we smoke and every detail about the incident. you must have a 50 page report to make that sort of comment.

and in conclusion.......the pro chassis is way stronger than the xp chassis because i said so. copyright High Velocity.

crash arguments are about as dumb as comparison arguments.

but you did use a big word "superior" engineering. it must be true

Aww, did I hit a nerve by saying something negative about the great Maxwell's preferred sled. I do apologize oh great one. LMAO !!
After reading many of your posts (which are always humurous by the way) I'm sure it is you that has the brown eyes.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell pretty sure by the vid that you hit the stump right down the middle. Pretty sure you have a bellypan protector on. Not really a fair comparision. Go tag a tree or stump like that with your A arms and you would be replacing more than aarms on a BRP.

A guy in yellowstone tagged a rock (left sde) on a pro last winter and all it damaged was the aarms shock and ski. Ski and aarms were under bulkhead.

Pretty sure it would have been nun time or s module or all that ch!t on a BRP.

use to own one know all about BRP. They call them a bomb for a reason.

cant wait for winter this year as my BRP water buffalo is gone.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look again. Not a stump hit a full tree. Bent my ski strAight up. Knocke my exhaust ststem off. Pause it after I look back. Solid dead tree within the spruce.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone talks like they head to the mountains for a pro hillclimb event when they load up their sleds. My "MAX BS 800 154" out climbed my buddies "T.U.R.D. 800 162" by 3.6' in a 300' vert climb so mine is the best and everyone that doesn't ride the same sled as me isn't gonna have any fun in the mountains and may as well just stay home. How about this buy the sled that you like the best and go have a blast riding it. Some peeps go to the mountains and want to sit and highmark all day, other guys look for places in the trees that challenge them and minimizes their exposure to avy risk. Other peeps look for jumps and drops........ NEWSFLASH!!!! The best sled for one rider may not be the best pick for the next rider. For what I like to do I'd go with the Pro RMK over the XP; if I wasn't picking up my 800 ProClimb next Friday.:beer:

Charlsie513

Reaction score
I am a female about 5'10" and I own a 2008 rev XP 146", i rented a PRO last year for a day and I absolutely loved it. Started very easy and SO EASY to carve with. Way easier to handle then my rev. A guy that is 100% doo rider said that riding my XP would make me a better rider, but the PRO was so much easier and I was a way better climber and boondocker with the PRO. Just keep in mind that the PRO is alot tippier then the XP, but if I could afford a PRO right now, thats what I would be buying. But then again, I have not riden a new DOO. I know someone possibly buying one so I may be able to give more input after Christmas.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as dollars and cents here I have found that a new pro 800 rmk 163 with no estart runs around 12,900 OTD and the doos are pretty much the same for a 154 SP with the etec so other than the track length not much difference in price between the two anymore. I would say get some seat time on both and pick a winner either way. I don't think you can go wrong.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Physics states that when a movable object hits an unmoveable object something has to give and it usually is the object made of aluminum, plastic and chromoly. You never just hit something slightly or say I don't remember even hitting anything. Parts don't bend from non contact or glancing contact. Just sayin.......:D:beer:

I would also much rather my sled take the punishment, then me take the punishment! if i write off my 2011 doo by hitting a rock, well guess what, I get a 2012 doo!!!

jevs28

Reaction score
i worked out a price on a 2012 doo etec 800 154" with electric start for 12500.... the pro im looking at is same price. just so you know.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the posts!! im going with the pro after all.. thanks everyone! was an intesting read today!~ :)

Go to Over The Top rentals in Calgary and you can rent both sleds from here try both out current year and then make your decision. Just curious did you have your stabalizer hooked up on your old Doo, Could have been a major contributing factor as to why you couldn't pull it over. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Dylan.B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day its always gonna be what you prefer. If you look at someone like burandt he can ride the crap out of the old Ms and the new pros. But then if you look at someone like Cory micku he can handle the ski doo just as good as anybody riding an M or Pro. All the new sleds these days, but some your gonna be able to ride better then others, but that may not be the case for the next guy out there. Everyone has there own personal opinion so i dont get all the brand bashing.

Top Bottom