2012 pro rmk 800 or 2012 doo etec 800???

jevs28

Reaction score
wanting a few different opinions on which sled people prefer.... strongly leaning towards the pro, but havent had any feedback from any doo riders. i have been riding a 2008 xp 800 154" for the past 4 seasons, it was a bitch to pull over, and dont want that anymore. (i am just under 5'8 and a girl, so not as heavy as most that ride them) have heard the new doo is better handling now, but is it good enough to offset the extra 30 lbs compared to the pro??? discuss please :)

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Woah, have you ever started a brand royalty ROYAL RUMBLE! Which seems like what every thread turns into. I bet the PRO rides lighter, my 02 cents.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why not get the narrow kit that changes your XP to what the new ones are. $700 is alot cheaper than brand changing. If your still not happy sell as a 08XP with a updated front suspension. If you like the DOO narrow stance may be what your looking for. I would also like to look at the PRO so ask around maybe someone will have a different view

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wanting a few different opinions on which sled people prefer.... strongly leaning towards the pro, but havent had any feedback from any doo riders. i have been riding a 2008 xp 800 154" for the past 4 seasons, it was a bitch to pull over, and dont want that anymore. (i am just under 5'8 and a girl, so not as heavy as most that ride them) have heard the new doo is better handling now, but is it good enough to offset the extra 30 lbs compared to the pro??? discuss please :)

good question I would also be tempted on a Pro after hearing great things less the stock motor is not as strong as an etec is what I have heard for sure

the pro does handle well I have heard I am also 5'8" and I dont mind my 08 so I pumped for the 2012 for sure,, I think I am stay n doo because this 2012 should be dialed from the factory and next year will probably be re design. and 3 year warranty on the doo this year sounds sweet.

decisions deciosions

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the etec will outhandle the chit out of that pro. most effortless sled you will ever ride. and the pro is not lighter. as shown from results on the hill not the scale. pro is a nice sled i wouldnt discount it as a second choice.
not being brand biased spent time on both.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell.jpg
Incoming post from maxwell. See below

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the etec will outhandle the chit out of that pro. most effortless sled you will ever ride. and the pro is not lighter. as shown from results on the hill not the scale. pro is a nice sled i wouldnt discount it as a second choice.
not being brand biased spent time on both.

very political great post!!!!

ya DOO

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should ask to see the sleds with the front end plastic removed, your choice should become clear. Be hard to make up your mind by what people on here tell you, be best if you can try both out. Polaris sold more 800 Pros last year than all other segments combined, people love these things. Not being brand biased, well maybe a bit.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Albeit I am no "Living God" like some out there, and truth be told I have not spent much time on a doo, I am completely in LOVE with the pro if anything, for the simplicity of operation. I've spent a lot of time on the Cat chassis, the last year was a steep learning curve for me. My husband and friends really pushed me to be a better rider. Towards the end of the season I was able to ride a pro. At first I over compensated, continually pulling the machine over on top of myself. Then one day, (thanks to Toad) I was able to click with his sled. Everything is easier. Side hilling is easy, Way easier to lay over and keep a nice balance point. Changing to an up hill on an off camber is easier, again less rider input needed. Meadow play is unreal, sitting carves just super easy and fun. Jumping was awesome, (sorry toady :D) It has integrity in it's structure, and doesn't crumble even though it's light. Trees are wayyyyyyyy more fun for me now. I'll say it again, I think all of the machines out there today are setting a new standard of awesomeness in the industry. I'll give you my 2cents. :D
Learning the PRO
Toad_weding_cam_066.jpg

End of the season on the 2012 PRO
201106181259182.jpg

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: arial">I rode both the pro and 11 xp back to back in revy last may and the doo is really impressive compared to the previous models but i found the pro to sidehill and <FONT color=#000000>maneuver like my cat so i felt right at home on the pro. If you can already ride an 08 xp you will rock on a new one.</FONT></SPAN>

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode both the pro and 11 xp back to back in revy last may and the doo is really impressive compared to the previous models but i found the pro to sidehill and maneuver like my cat so i felt right at home on the pro. If you can already ride an 08 xp you will rock on a new one.

Holy moley your font got smaller... I thought it was because I had a glass of wine.. but nope... got the kids to look too.. :p

But Yayyy you loved the Pro too!! lol

Last edited:

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That font thing was trippin me out as well. Not sure what the deal is. seems to be fine now.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the Pro. Get rid of the swaybar, get front Assault springs, set the supension stiffness to your likings and the ride will be spectacular and at the end of the day you will still want to ride some more.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds have their perks, I went from my 08 XP 154" to a 2012 Pro RMK 800 163". Ligher, better sidehill, better in trees, wayy cheaper to buy go to Pro. Highmarking, more power, $2000 more to buy go to XP.

The biggest thing is that the Polaris was over $2000 lower price then the doo!! That's huge in my books...

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds have their perks, I went from my 08 XP 154" to a 2012 Pro RMK 800 163". Ligher, better sidehill, better in trees, wayy cheaper to buy go to Pro. Highmarking, more power, $2000 more to buy go to XP.The biggest thing is that the Polaris was over $2000 lower price then the doo!! That's huge in my books...
What did you pay for your pro if you don't mind me asking? I just picked up a 2011 summit sp OTD with accessories and 3 year warranty for 12,500. I condidered all options on this one but I couldn't find a dealer anywhere who would part with a 155 Pro for less than 13,000...before tax and all the other add-ons.

Top Bottom