2012 Pro Needs new motor. Suggestions?

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Just lost the motor on my 2012 Pro with about 3400 miles on it. At the start of this season (2850 miles) I put a fix it kit in with Wossner pistons and ended up getting a new cylinder right at the end of my warranty as I found the stock rings didn't have enough clearance and had scarred the cylinder. Thought I did the right thing with preventative maintenance but guess I should have done the crank too.
Looks like a bearing wet and I had chunks off the base of a rod go through the case and also take out pistons and cylinder.
Any suggestions. Indy Dan longrod $3500 US 3 year warranty?
CVtech $2100 plus case which are backordered for 3weeks (maybe Polaris has a problem??) 1 year warranty?
Buy or repair individual pieces?

Any recommendations??

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Get the long rod from Indy Dan!! you might find a motor for less than that on EBay or something, but it wont have a 3 year warranty. I think it will be a little less than that if you send him you motor. Any parts he can salvage he will refund you back.

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
My searching only seems to bring up positive reviews other than from one competitor . Just have to send him pics to see if my core is useable.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a CV tech engine last year for my 2010 dragon and had lots of issues with the engine , so after 2 more cv tech engines due to warranty I sold the dragon. enough said.....
Just lost the motor on my 2012 Pro with about 3400 miles on it. At the start of this season (2850 miles) I put a fix it kit in with Wossner pistons and ended up getting a new cylinder right at the end of my warranty as I found the stock rings didn't have enough clearance and had scarred the cylinder. Thought I did the right thing with preventative maintenance but guess I should have done the crank too.
Looks like a bearing wet and I had chunks off the base of a rod go through the case and also take out pistons and cylinder.
Any suggestions. Indy Dan longrod $3500 US 3 year warranty?
CVtech $2100 plus case which are backordered for 3weeks (maybe Polaris has a problem??) 1 year warranty?
Buy or repair individual pieces?

Any recommendations??

GoHiSK1

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with choosing Long Rod assemblies from Indy Dan. Have not had the oppertunity to use a L R kit yet as my PRO sleds are still running great with the stock parts.
Have used Dans Torque Master crankshaft assemblies on a half dozen old Big Block 800 VES engines and they all servived many years of use . so highly recommended by me.
Any one running a L R motor has reported more seat of the pants power and a smother running engine.

geo

Reaction score
Ya . Indy Dan engine is a good investment. Snow will be no different in 3yrs so a good chassis will still be a good chassis. Something all Pro owners know is nobody has really caught up yet.

Make sure you use a oil that "sticks" too. Sleds are stored for long periods of time. Lots of condensation too during season. IMO (and many crank guys) second or third season bearing failures at low miles is from rust.

palerider57

Reaction score
I have been there and it is a crappy place to be. Looked at every option under the sun. Hard to believe but Polaris dealer engine is a good way to go, and offers the best "warranty" possible....even though it is only 30 km or 30 minutes....a least they usually stand behind what he sell.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call mongoose machine in vancouver. Get them to rebuilt the crank in house. Or else they will sell you a cvtech junk. I had my cyl done by them and got the fix kit from them as well I beleive I paid 525.00 for fix kit and 480 for the replate. Also topend gasket kit was 50.00

Top Bottom