2012 pro 800 possible fuel concern running out of fuel?

revdog

Reaction score
2012 800 pro possible fuel concern.was cominig out of rensaw.i had 1/4 tank of fuel left.if you gave it full throttle it would act light it wa running out of fuel.no check engine light on.was able to drive back to the truck at part throttle with out problem.
The trail was also rough on the way out.is there a filter or wiring connector concern to look for??

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have a sticky throttle by chance? If snow got into your throttle area, and froze it can act that way. Had this happen to me last week. same symptoms. I did drain fuel, and thawed the sled out. ran great next weekend. check fuel pump as well. amp clamp around red wire to fuel pump. should be 4.4-4.5. anything more than 4.9 amps then your pump is shot. also could check tps, notorious for them going, that could all make it act the way you said.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have fuel filters. Maybe it's time for a change.

revdog

Reaction score
I ordered a new fuel filter today.hope to try the machine this weekend.
Was going to get a after market filter.They recalled the filters due to leaking.Have oem filter coming.

revdog

Reaction score
Replaced fuel filter.Tested fuel pump psi.Had 60psi.Road machine and still had concerns.Pulled code 51 10 from dash self test.Replaced tpms sensor.Runs way better with good throttle response.
Will still boug out after 6000 rpm but not all the time.power valves donot appear to be sticking but I going to remove them to check.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the polaris fuel filter is a rip off. I had mine in for warranty but had to change the fuel pump(warranty paid) and the filter( I paid)

Top Bottom