2012 Polaris 800s Motor

toclcl

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just discovered this forum, looks like quite a lot of good info in here! I searched for a bit but basically I require a motor/rebuild for my 2012 800s.. she gave up the ghost the other day driving. It seized up, oil out the weep hole. Have not taken it apart yet to find main cause but I am wondering where you guys recommend ordering parts from in Canada?? With the dollar being in the tank i do not want to spend a dime ordering from the states. Or if there is a supplier of rebuilt engines that anyone has dealt with, etc.
Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

sleded1

Reaction score
Take it apart.. see if it's pistons.. or your cylinder skirt exploded. Then options are unlimited from there. Myself.. I've got 2 sleds the same... but now both have indy specialty motors in them, 3 year warranty, you can't beat that. New short-lived from polaris is 4999.00 and it's got a 30 day warranty as stated by the parts guy there.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe try black gold salvage in nisku for a complete motor

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

toclcl

Reaction score
Right on thanks for the input. I will take it apart to see what's wrong and go from there. I definitely would not buy from Polaris direct on that. And if a guy is to do an engine he might as well beef it up.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom