2012 dodge diesel - Edge Insight CTS - gauges

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is anyone running these gauges?
apparently they just show the a reading for what you are looking for , but do not boost any power..
so there should not be any warranty issues ?
the only thing that they do not have is EGT temp .. can be added ..

has anyone did the EGT temp , where did you have it done …
do they show what gear you are in ??
I know sounds weird, but sometimes I run in manual shift mode . and forgot I shifted to 5th gear … ex – manual shift to 5[SUP]th[/SUP] just before a long hill , and then forgot to shift back up on level ground…
Also I does it show lock up and unlock on the torque convertor …
I do NOT want to boost power just see some extra readings ..
Boost pressure , fuel pressure, EGT’s , etc.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the edge insight cts and egt probe, it has a bunch of stuff you can display. I will look at all options..........

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mach123 ... who installed the egt probe .. is it needed ?
any others needed?
truck has no other upgrades as I do not need problems with warranty...

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the Dodge particulars but I've got one on my Duramax and love it. You can select way more PID's to display than they list on the website advertisement. Right now I've got the 8 value screen set up to show boost, EGT (sounds like an option on the dodge?), coolant temp, tranny temp, tranny gear selection & converter lock status, battery voltage, turbo vane position and fuel rail pressure. There's also a 6 display screen and analog/digital screen you can configure with different values. Another neat feature at least with the Dmax is to use the 8 display screen to show injector balance rates. Highly recommend it assuming the functionality is similar on the Dodge.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing the Insight showed me the factory dash gauges can be quite misleading ie "dumbed down" so the average owner doesn't get concerned over regular fluctuations. For example the factory engine coolant temp gauge is programmed to stay pretty well near 12 o'clock even though the coolant temp can be anywhere from 175 to 205 degrees. The factory gauge only starts moving to the right once the coolant gets past 205.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the edge CTS gauge on my dmax with my efi live programming and the gauge works great! nice large screen tons of features to monitor, easy customising of the gauge, you can run the egt probe if doing lots of hauling but for the most part you would be safe without it on a bone stock truck. if you drill egt make sure you drill into the exhaust manifold. This will give you the true egt reading some drill on the downpipe but you can easily have the temps be a couple hundred degrees out in that position.

maxpower

Reaction score
I run the Torque Pro app($5) with my Android phone and a OBDII to Bluetooth adapter($20) on my 5.9L and it gives a lot of information & the ability to customize about 5 screens as well.
I get intake temp, throttle position, boost, coolant, rail pressure..etc No EGT because there isn't a sensor.

Anybody else running this & what do you gain with the Edge CTS Gauge?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone else run an APP on their phone to see guages ?
I have 2012 dodge diesel , just seeing if this is a good option ...
sounds good !!

Top Bottom