2012 Battenfelder Spring Rodeo

climbin

Reaction score
We are holding our 15th rodeo this spring in the Barrhead, Alberta area on May 26th and 27th. We are hoping for 21, 4 rider teams this year which would make it the largest event to date. Our website is www.battenfelderatvrodeo.com and we can be followed on facebook, group name Battenfelder ATV Rodeo.

We will be holding the 3 event rodeo on Saturday followed by a steak supper and trophy presentation. Drag races will follow on Sunday. Rules, entry forms, past picture and event descriptions can be found on our website.

Please consider putting this one of a kind event on your calendar for May, you won't be dissappointed.

Attachments

• Spring Flyer.pdf
    174.9 KB · Views: 120

climbin

Reaction score
The new year is here and we're starting to get entries. We are sitting at 15 teams and will be allowing another 6. The drag races on Sunday are wide open though. Classes will be;

750 and under
751-800 (includes thundercats and Polaris XPs)
Over 800
King of the Drags

Power adders and wheely bars are allowed in the KOTD only.

If you're not into the all around competition of the rodeo on Saturday please consider dropping by to participate int he sunday drags.

Andrew650

Reaction score
just wondering what kind of trail riding you have out there? Would love to come check this event out but dont want to participate until I see first hand what its all about. so if u got alot of good trails with deep stuff out there would be great to come do some trail rides and watch the events.

climbin

Reaction score
There is about 2000 acres of crown land adjoining the rodeo site that is crisscrossed with trails. There is mud and muskeg out there that a duck can't cross.

duner

Reaction score
I would love to come for the drags! This looks like a blast, and I heard it was well organized as well. It's just great for atv's to have a place to drag race where it's organized.
I heard there was some crazy fast stuff there last fall!

climbin

Reaction score
I would love to come for the drags! This looks like a blast, and I heard it was well organized as well. It's just great for atv's to have a place to drag race where it's organized.
I heard there was some crazy fast stuff there last fall!

The more the merrier. If you like you could come and watch the rodeo on Saturday, maybe even get picked up on a team if you're game. Sunday will be the drags and everything is welcome. I don't think you'll find a collection of faster atvs at any event in Canada. There is a class for everyone so bring it.

www.battenfelderatvrodeo.com

Facebook, battenfelderatvrodeo

climbin

Reaction score
We're closing in on May 26th and still have some room for a few teams if anyone is interested. Barrhead isn't that far from place like Grande Prairie, Slave Lake, Edmonton, etc. and there's no better way to spend a weekend. If you're not sure the Saturday rodeo is your cup of tea maybe the drag races on Sunday are more your style. We are expecting a good turnout for the drags including Extreme Machines Kawasaki hill shooters, several turbos and a bag load of big bores on NOS. There is classes for everyone. If you're interested please go to www.battenfelderatvrodeo.com for entry information.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is an awesome event! Went last fall and had a blast. They put in a lot of work on this and it shows. The rodeo is cool and it's one of the only places to drag race ATV's as well. There was some crazy fast stuff there and the fastest Can ams around! Can't wait until may!!!

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the directions to this Rodeo??

Where is it from Barrhead?

From the web site.

Very easy to find.

I'll be drag racin my KFX 700 and goin in the rodeo, it's a very good time.

Attachments

• P1010583 (Medium).JPG
    P1010583 (Medium).JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 113

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most teams ever this spring! i think we have 15 or 16 teams of 4 already... the cross country course has been made longer by quite a bit.. they say about 42 more left and right turns... there is a video of the new track on facebook on the battenfelder atv rodeo open site...the drags should be interesting this year with many bbk and nos builds. there is room for 21 teams, then its full... all the events are team events so you win as a team. the drags are not a team event...

mac the cleaner

Reaction score
I was just informed that they are Can Ams not Canned Hams, sorry guys!!! All the ones I've seen were covered in mud from being roosted by a Kawasaki, so I've been unable to read the brand names on them. In most cases it has been difficult to distinguish there color, so again guys sorry for the mistake!!

climbin

Reaction score
I was just informed that they are Can Ams not Canned Hams, sorry guys!!! All the ones I've seen were covered in mud from being roosted by a Kawasaki, so I've been unable to read the brand names on them. In most cases it has been difficult to distinguish there color, so again guys sorry for the mistake!!

Mac my friend, be carefull, we just may have something for you guys this year. It might be a different story with wheelie bars lol.

We have 19 teams entered so there is still room for 2 teams if anyone is interested. We are very excited about our event this year, biggest ever. The new owner is putting a lot of effort into improvements around the grounds all in an effort to make this event world class.

Even if you are not ready to participate and just want to come out and watch, maybe even run in the drags on Sunday.

mac the cleaner

Reaction score
Trust me Don, I'm worried!!
The Can Ams were coming on me every race, a better setup with wheelie bars and a big shot of Nitrous you guys will be leaving me in the dust.

Top Bottom