2012 Alberta Beach Trail Conditions

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

At this time we have not officially opened out trails up, however, I'm sure there is enough, or was enough snow on the trails to get out and ride.

However, the ICE on the lake will NOT be any where near thick enough for a snowmobile or probably even a person to be on.

At this time we are reminding everyone to STAY OFF THE ICE.

We will update everyone once the trails are officially opened, when they have been groomed, and when the ice is thick enough for everyone to get out and enjoy!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
As far as passes go I will be delivering ASA season & Day passes to the Darwell Store, Fallis Country Store & Ecko Marine today.

To date we have sold 133 ASA passes, 86 memberships & 5 family memberships.

If your going to enjoy the trails please join a club and purchase your passes, the club also welcomes new member involvement.

Cheers...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

At this time we have not officially opened out trails up, however, I'm sure there is enough, or was enough snow on the trails to get out and ride.

However, the ICE on the lake will NOT be any where near thick enough for a snowmobile or probably even a person to be on.

At this time we are reminding everyone to STAY OFF THE ICE.

We will update everyone once the trails are officially opened, when they have been groomed, and when the ice is thick enough for everyone to get out and enjoy!
I rode lake isle on nov 11 one end to the other on a z1turbo at 90 mph. Water was spraying out of the cracks and springs hundreds of feet in front of me. That tell me the lake is super thin. Lol. So yes. Stay off the ice. Btw I did have a fresh belt and never hold it wide open to avoid belt failure on thin ice.

stevel

Reaction score
Where is a good place to stage to have a quik ride this weekend to test out the sleds. Never been out there during the winter but now have family that live right near the lake on the south west. Is it worth driving out there for a quick rip?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
you can stage at Ecko marine, not a lot for snow but enough for a quick rip to get them up to temp and play around a bit, Trail maps and passes are available at Ecko as well...obviously nothing is groomed and there will be bare spots given the warm temps and sun this week, but I'm sure I'll put a few miles on this weekend just because...

Where is a good place to stage to have a quik ride this weekend to test out the sleds. Never been out there during the winter but now have family that live right near the lake on the south west. Is it worth driving out there for a quick rip?

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
For those wishing to join the club but are unable to get to Ecko Marine, Darwell or Fallis.

You can join the club online:

Fill out the fields on the site, click print registration form, and send it in to the address on the form.

TG

Top Bottom