2011 xp skidplates

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats everone using for skidplates this year,anything new from the plastic ones?

I am going to try the extreme skid plate from doo, less snow build up in the a arms and more protection around the bottom all the way back...

I ripped off my big flat doo one a few times so lets hope this stays on,, the fit looks good

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the regular doo one on. The extreme one just didn't have the front protection. I can make some holes or take some off in the a ARM areas if I need too....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the regular doo one on. The extreme one just didn't have the front protection. I can make some holes or take some off in the a ARM areas if I need too....

you have an XP now TEX ya got to get that front end in the air a bit buddy....

come on snow

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen some aluminum ones from racewerx that look good.they where in the new snowtech mag..

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have an XP now TEX ya got to get that front end in the air a bit buddy....come on snow
Ya i got a buffalo. Sold my 07 with the motor fixed for his old lady. Gave me a good price. And the 2010 x snow check copper-black has allways got wood for me for some reason. So I have a copper black 163 buffalo now.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen some aluminum ones from racewerx that look good.they where in the new snowtech mag..

Seen that too. Been trying to find online, no luck. really like the rear bumper too. Anyone know the website for racewerx?

Found it. racewerxinc.com it is still uinder construction.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen that too. Been trying to find online, no luck. really like the rear bumper too. Anyone know the website for racewerx?

Found it. racewerxinc.com it is still uinder construction.

would aluminum be a good tghing???

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that it may tear with the rocks we have in the early season. The plastic being slippery normally just slides over the nuggets.

Plastic seems a little more forgiving......

I concur that aluminim be like razor blade edges after all the rocks I plow over there would be aluminum spurs everywhere on that plate,,,

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some aluminum armour at Bow Cycle South store in Calgary. I have a plastic Skins that wraps up and rivots to the front bumper. There are hand holes through it. I like it because it strengthens the front bumper.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the skid plate.

Attachments

• DSC02179.jpg
    DSC02179.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 104

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a skinz float plate. Too big for this guy. Thought about it tho

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got it from a guy on one of the forums last season but I think Royal Distributing and Dennis Kirk have them. The problem with Skins Protective Gear is that they only sell wholesale and when I ordered direct from them last time, I had to order months in advance. This is why it is best to order from suppliers that stock their product. Their stuff is top notch. The other thing about these skid plates is that the A-arms touched a bit due to the narrow 2011 suspension so I jig sawed a little material around the arms.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the float plate is not really that big but it is made with really dense plastic and is fairly thick.

Top Bottom