2011 Summits!!

Luvinit

Reaction score
Check the prices on the build and quote, up $850 from last year for the e-tech, over $16 thou for the freeride. Wow

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come the freeride Official dry weight is 489 lbs man that alot, and the other sleds like the new summits weights the same as last year of 2010.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time i checked my 08 summit 163 was 434, where the hell are they adding the lead weight at 489lbs for the freeride. I mean for 16000 youd think you would get something lightweight lol.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$850 is getting you the injection, of course it is going to be more money. I am not saying its worth it, but its going to me more however you look at it. Even if it was cheaper to manufacture it, they are going to charge a higher premium for it.

The extra weight on the freeride is the RS chassis, its a heavier and stronger chassis, plus the extra weight of the shocks and the non-ported track.

Last years 154 was 446 and 163 was 452 for X's. From the spec sheets.

Freeride is a beefed up hillclimbing machine with its wide stance. If you ride the mountains, boondock and love powder the Summit is still your sled! For an unfortunate high price for the Freeride you still get a lighter sled than the other guys (Poo,Cat, Yammy) are giving you in a better chassis and better motor.

Lots of 2011 model banter on the main page.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$850 is getting you the injection, of course it is going to be more money. I am not saying its worth it, but its going to me more however you look at it. Even if it was cheaper to manufacture it, they are going to charge a higher premium for it.

The extra weight on the freeride is the RS chassis, its a heavier and stronger chassis, plus the extra weight of the shocks and the non-ported track.

Freeride is a beefed up hillclimbing machine with its wide stance. If you ride the mountains, boondock and love powder the Summit is still your sled! For an unfortunate high price for the Freeride you still get a lighter sled than the other guys (Poo,Cat, Yammy) are giving you in a better chassis and better motor.

The new polaris for 2011 is 431lbs dry and the hcr for 2010 is about 450lbs i think..either way ppl got different answers because some ppl are doo fans ,poo,cat,and yammy...but i think the new motor for doo well be good tho,i wish i would of seen a 1200 summit that would be a good ride....thats just my 2 cents worth.

deanaucoin

Reaction score

Check out the 2011 Polaris Pro RMK 431 lbs??

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last time i checked my 08 summit 163 was 434, where the hell are they adding the lead weight at 489lbs for the freeride. I mean for 16000 youd think you would get something lightweight lol.

I rented a digital fork lift scale this year at our open house for a "guess the weight" contest, a new 154 x with e/s, dry(no oil or fuel) was 478lbs.
oem advertized weights are not all that truthfull.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was 478 with e-start, oil in shocks, coolant, w/e else for fluids that adds up to 8-10 lbs then they weren't lying by more than 5lbs or so I don't think. Its about 18lbs for e-start. now with e-tec you don't need e-start at all, so that will save weight for some people.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come the freeride Official dry weight is 489 lbs man that alot, and the other sleds like the new summits weights the same as last year of 2010.

Maybe it's the "dee-cal" package..LOL

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Steel mayby u are correct, but by skidoos website the 08 was the lightest of the xps and gaining weight every year. I do remembersome truth to this as when they first brougth the xp out brp had a display at the Calgary snoshow that was advitised somewhat correct.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well they are probably beefing up the chassis a bit to fix its weaknesses every year, thats most likely where the extra weight comes from

Top Bottom