2011 summit steering post move

schiermnultra

Reaction score
Hey does any know if it would be possible to move the xp summit steering post ahead like the freeride? If this is possible how difficult would this be to do? What parts would be needed?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am lost on the steering post mod. What are theye accomplishing by doing this? hmmm.... i got a tig and mig kickin around :)

with no scientific explaination, (I am sure somewhere someone has one) it simply changes the angle on the steering post to make steering easier. C3 powersports does a relocate bracket to accomplish the post forward design, but its not free...although a nice product. The angle where the steering post on the 08/09 sleds meets the handlebars is very steep. Many guys like to run a tall riser in a more straight up and down position. This takes more effort to steer. Having the riser more inline with the post makes it easier. If you could have it perfectly inline with the steering post and not have the handlebars riding on your knees steering effort would be greatly reduced. So modifying or relocating the steering post aids in this. Hence the change on the XRS sleds.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did this mod to my 09 Summit. Really liked it a lot, think the piece was $80 or something and very easy to install. The steering post will hit the stock airbox so I used a heat gun on the airbox and when it got soft put it back in place and been good. 08-09 Summits you will have to go to the 2010-2012 steering post it has less bend in it.
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will probably get roasted BUT, I can't see why anyone would want this for anything but hill-climbing. The reality is that the foot well on an XP is infront of the front skid shock and this puts more weight on the skis and this is where Poo and Cat have the sidehilling advantage. Their design puts the riders weight right on the shock and reduces ski pressure. To move the rider more forward makes it worse, unless you are going straight up and therfore you can reduce flipping if you can get your weight right over the front of the sled. Read posts on "how to ride an XP", most experienced guys say lay your bars back, in-line with the steering post. this way you can still reach the bars when standing back on the running boards. This is how you get the weight off the skis. Also if your bars are not in-line with your steering post, as soon as you pull sideways on them during a side hill, they will try to turn. The more out-of-line the bars are to the post, the more you have to fight to keep the skis straight.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont know the logistics behind it all I know with this mod and the narrow front end made my sled way more enjoyable to ride. I ride everything from trees to wide open meadows to doing hillclimbs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the revs all u had to do is drill one hole. There is two bolts the mounts the stem. Take the top bolt and slide the stem up and put the bottom bolt where the top bolt used to be. Drill the top bolt out and Wala. Easter steering, stems just about online with the bars line any gives about 1.5 in bars lift. Almost one of the best free mode u can do. So it would be the same idea. Just have to buy or make it instead. It's one mod I will do to my buffalo right away

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the revs all u had to do is drill one hole. There is two bolts the mounts the stem. Take the top bolt and slide the stem up and put the bottom bolt where the top bolt used to be. Drill the top bolt out and Wala. Easter steering, stems just about online with the bars line any gives about 1.5 in bars lift. Almost one of the best free mode u can do. So it would be the same idea. Just have to buy or make it instead. It's one mod I will do to my buffalo right away

With the steering post changed and properly set up an xp is as easy to ride as any other you just have to spend some time to get it set up right.

Top Bottom