2011 rmk pro 800 help!!!

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was out riding this weekend and sled was running great like normal
Im a beginner so i wasnt riding that hard, when i went to make an average climb once i cracked the throttle my machine reved yup to 7150 then sputtered back down to 6100 and held there
On the trail it doesnt seem to do it as much as it does when the sled is under a load like climbing
Just wondering what it might be
Sled idles and runs fine except at full throttle i can not get it over 7150 even if i try feather back into it
Im thinking maybe reeds but im no expert
Any input would be awesome
Thanks in advance

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Primary spring or your clutch may need a fresh'in up. Bushing's & pin's may be worn out on your weights. How many km's on your machine ?

Last edited:

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3000 miles on the machine
How hard is it to change out primary spring?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U just pull the face plate off the front. 6 bolts I think,no puller or need to pull it off, I'm running a blue pink slp spring

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the spring going to be like busted in two or just worn out? i pulled it apart and the spring came out in once piece...

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then it is most likely your clutch weight bushings are toast, making the weights wear into the side's of your clutch and not allowing them to fully extend. With that many miles.... it's rebuild time.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who sells the best rebuild kits? or does a guy just buy the parts he wants?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would change the primary spring out anyway while your in there. it will be getting weak with that many miles on it. Put in an SLP blue/pink spring. usually reeds will screw up your idle and initial take off.

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for all the help guys. Got it booked in to get clutch redone hopefully that's the problem
Appreciate all the help big time

snowhunter

Reaction score
I hope clutch fixes it for u my 2011 assault 155 is still at the dealer cuz it started pulling only 7300 if u punched it wide open it would drop off to 6200 it spent all winter in the shop and got traded off as is and still get cant figure it out we changed everything but the motor. Sure hope urs had t developed the same demon

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got my sled back from the shop, we dont have much snow but i manage to find a spot with a little to test it out,
The machine bogged on me the first time i cracked the throttle wide open but i couldnt get it to do it again after that some im thinking it may be fixed.
The only thing is now the clutch doesnt engage till like 5600-5700rpm and once the sled was warm it did not dis-engage all the way and the sled would
slowly creep forward and make a squealing sounds, the only new parts I put in a SLP Blue/pink primary spring and a new Belt, just wondering if there is a way i can adjust the clutch so it kicks in at around 4100 i think is where it was before

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check you belt tension its better loosed then to tight ... if its tight it will want to creep ahead like that

Top Bottom