2011 pro chassis pro's and con's

guido88gt

Reaction score
what are the things to look for if buying a 2011 pro? i never heard of any negatives things about it yet, but im sure i will soon.. lol

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest issues is usually the engine.

I bought an '11 with blown engine and had it rebuilt, replaced fuel/oil filter, replaced reeds, have TPS checked/adjusted, replace/update injectors.

Check for bent tunnel, cracked/broken rear overstructure (underhood).

Last edited:

guido88gt

Reaction score
Ya I keep hearing motor issues. Looking at one that's all stock and don't want to have to spend a couple grand getting it up to snuff .

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also,
Give the primary clutch a lift and check motor mount bushing wear. Compression test of course and clean out exhaust valves.
Temp. probe fitting in exhaust pipe usually blows out - check for cracks. Stock rear bumper is junk.
Throttle Safety Switch on the bars can cause greif when it gets moisture in it.
Upgrade pistons at 2000 - 2500 km (Cylinder skirt failure takes out a crank real fast)
Check rear skid support plates. 2011 are aluminum, Usually pop out if your a rider ;) Timbersled plates are cheap junk aswell, lasercut stainless for way less $$ and way stronger.

IMG_1509.jpg IMG_1511.jpg IMG_3505.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
Save your money for a 13 or 14 huge upgrades from the 11/12.
Not true, the 11 is just as good and no issues with the composite over structure failing and bonded junk a arms pulling apart or drive shafts breaking also gearing down a 13/14 with the belt drive is way more money than an 11. There is good reason mountain horse on snowwest is recommending going with a std 800 even on the 15's.

Rocky Mountain Rider

Reaction score
I bought a 2011 demo, the tunnel was cracked at the rear, both sides, tunnel was replaced under warranty. I put a 2013 seat and C3 belt drive. I had problems with moisture in the intake, put frog skins on the hood vents and it's been flawless ever since.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true, the 11 is just as good and no issues with the composite over structure failing and bonded junk a arms pulling apart or drive shafts breaking also gearing down a 13/14 with the belt drive is way more money than an 11. There is good reason mountain horse on snowwest is recommending going with a std 800 even on the 15's.

Ok bud..... so the ****ty injectors, wire harness, ECU, gauge cluster, chain drive, I work on these things every day and when was the last time a drive shaft went down? The ride and feel of the 13/14 to a 11/12 is huge. buy what you can afford.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok bud..... so the ****ty injectors, wire harness, ECU, gauge cluster, chain drive, I work on these things every day and when was the last time a drive shaft went down? The ride and feel of the 13/14 to a 11/12 is huge. buy what you can afford.

down doggy down....lol

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with Chrisco had 2 2011s lots of little problems. 13 and newer has a lot of upgrades you definitely want. My 13 has been flawless.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden both '13 and my '11. The '13 feels a bit more agile and a tad lighter but not worth the extra coin to me. I have had no issues with my 11 other than the motor. Both new 13's i ride with had problems right out of the gate. The newer ones definitely have a better fuel map but that is easy enough to change on the '11. It's a crap shoot in my opinion. I prefer my aluminum over structure and steel arms vs the newer problematic stuff.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money and get a 2015. My 2011 rocks but I did have my share of problems.
Many upgrades were done to the new ones.
Get the regular Rmk and not the Pro. Why, regular Rmk has a chaincase, aluminum over structure,welded A-arm and best of all a front track cooler.
If you like belt drive and carbon fibre, and glued A-arm get the pro.
Oh ya, the handling is way better on my 11 then it is on the 13,14s pros.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 11 pro is basically the same as a std rmk now minus the front cooler and plus the pro taper bars and different switch location I believe.

Top Bottom