2011 polaris pro assault blown 2000kms

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
It started to sound like a fouled plug. Changed plugs. Checked gapping. Sled still sounded fouled. Drove it out. Pulled 7800-8200 sounding like garbage. Did a compression test pulled 95 psi both cylinders. Sent off to chris at parkland for fix kit. Ill let everyone know outcome. Stage 3 slp going on to after rebuild.

96sherm

Reaction score
Did the power feel right before you checked compression? I'm just curious now because of the frequence of which guys are replacing engines around 2000kms. I've got 3500+ on mine without incident. I'm going to check my compression today, maybe I shouldn't...lol... Did you pull yours apart to inspect yourself or just send the short block away?

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same with mine 1600 miles had a weird bog when u went to pin it. 95 psi in both cylinders than 85psi or so once warmed up engine!!! Buddy at Polaris says new top end & shouldn't bog anymore !! Not very impressed with Polaris just changed my first belt recently & already doing a top end??? bullch!t

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356993988.507362.jpg

Looks like they got hot to me ??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356994035.270475.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356994057.801750.jpg

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Its weird i replaced my belt as well and it squelled for a lil at the start

sledhead306

Reaction score
did you happen to measure youre pistone to cylinder clearance when you puled it apart? i pulled mine apart to check it before i put the turbo on, clearance was about par for the course at .007" put new rings on it and had 105 compression... but im fighting a bog with the turbo, so....????

ran9559

Reaction score
Measure your piston at the crown and near the bottom of the skirt.(Assaultrmk). Your piston may have too much clearance at the skirt causing the scuffing which can also crack the cylinder skirt.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kk got my new pistons today & they say my pistons are just normal wear & at 2000 miles is when they recommend checking pistons so I guess 1600 miles isn't that bad but I will measure
That tonight!! Thanx

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay come and pick of one of my pms pistons and check it out before you put that thing back together. Dont put the stock ch!t back in call me cell 217-9141 Chris.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ch!t to late Chris put it
Back together last night then seen Ur post later buddy I wasn't thinking thought those were for
08-10 engines but I will still come check them out for sure & need some tunnel reinforcements ? !!!!!!!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you happen to measure youre pistone to cylinder clearance when you puled it apart? i pulled mine apart to check it before i put the turbo on, clearance was about par for the course at .007" put new rings on it and had 105 compression... but im fighting a bog with the turbo, so....????

Any idea what the compression should be with the stock head? Cold?, Warm?

rydemx

Reaction score
Any idea what the compression should be with the stock head? Cold?, Warm?
125-130 psi (cold )with stock head , and depending on your guage and elevation ...just checked my 12' pro 800 today after reading all these posts with motors starting to pop . 2700km on my machine and it Has 120 in each cylinder and still runs great!

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Just to cap what was all a matter with my pro. Top end was damaged a little bit. Fixed with pms fix kit. The high rebs came from the crank seal and pto bearing gone on my crank. Chrisco at parkland fixed her with a refurbished mono block. New crank. New top end. Then the stage 3 slp kit i planned putting on. Team tied seconday and mds weights. Took it to valemount and it hauled ass. The only problem was the mds weights didnt have enough weight on them so it had a mid and high range bog. After that was fixed I have not been more impressed in a sled then this one. So ladies and gents fix your top end properly before she goes ka pout.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Along with a par 12.5 head and pink exhaust valve springs. And more that I probably cannot remeber at this time.

Top Bottom