2011 outty xtp 800

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have about 400kms on the machine now and i noticed a howling 2 tone noise coming from what appears to be mid engine / rear end and ONLY starts after about 3500 rpm , louder and faster the faster you go let off the power and it goes away.

It didnt do this from new only about 10 hrs ago, Note - i did smoke my belt around the same time, but have inspected clutches and belt still looked good.

I have it booked into the dealership for the 30th but maybe someone out there had simular issues and it may be a simple fix.

Thanks in advance

quad is stock except 27" tires and spacers and mxr cvt exhaust snorkel

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows yours been treating you since the refresh lol. We are going up in 328 this weekend for some hunting, give me a holler if you want to come out.
Mine has been great since the "refresh" no troubles at all, got the blade on her ready to plow snow. Not sure on the weekend, wifey may want to start xmas shopping or i may be heading out hunting with a co-worker.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have also read quite a few threads on the Cam Am forums on this problem and most people say it is just something you have to get used to. I just thought my sugestion was worth a try because it seemed to have happened after you smoked the belt, sorry for making you go through all that and buying a new belt.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No worries good to have a spare belt and doesnt hurt to clean them sheeves. I have looked high and low for posts on this problem and i cant find any. a howl not a squel or whine and only about 3500rpm and over. I also had it on the lift and it still does it just faintly, more obvious under load...

later, off to get ready for some elk hunting.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has been great since the "refresh" no troubles at all, got the blade on her ready to plow snow. Not sure on the weekend, wifey may want to start xmas shopping or i may be heading out hunting with a co-worker.
No worries maybe next time, good to hear all is good. i'll give you a shout next time bye and maybe stop in for a xmas vodka.

Top Bottom