2011 M8 low end bog?

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any body has experienced a bog 2011 M8 153 sp prior to engagement doesnt happen all the time but sure is annoying, can feather it out so it doesnt stall but also can stall, talked to the dealer they have never heard of it first service on thursday cross my fingers:

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bog on mine but mine seems to engage quite hard. Noticed it had a hard time starting up at elevation would idle real low for a couple seconds then idle up to 2000 or so.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had that issue with my 09 M8 but it was caused by my air vents at the top were plug with snow & ice.

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bog on mine but mine seems to engage quite hard. Noticed it had a hard time starting up at elevation would idle real low for a couple seconds then idle up to 2000 or so.

same with mine but had a hard time starting even at 2200 ft 6-8 pulls and no snow in the vents, as far as hard engagement ive heard of guys going to the gold AC spring in the primary but have not tried this myself. Thanks ACP

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing on mine almost like the track is ratcheting but its not if i find anything out on thursday ill let you know

strobertson

Reaction score
hey guys if anyone is putting a can on there new m8 the dealers and mechanics that i have talked to are saying dont put them on so that might be causeing some of the problems, i am just guessing but it could be something.....

2011 m8 153

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys if anyone is putting a can on there new m8 the dealers and mechanics that i have talked to are saying dont put them on so that might be causeing some of the problems, i am just guessing but it could be something.....

2011 m8 153

Got the D&D big dog on mine haven't ran it yet only started it up to hear the sound gonna go for a rip this weekend so I'll find out:d

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a timbersled intake and MBRP can on my 11 and it does engage hard but as far as a bog, mine did it two or three times when snow was really deep and jammed up around the exhaust outlet. I have nothing but good things to say about both mods i did.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP can on my 11 M8 and no issues.
No bogging to date and it's got around 400 kms on it right now. It does need to warm up more than my Doo did, once it sits for a bit, say to have lunch or whatever, especially if it's cold - it needs a few minutes before she's good to go. Tried to get away from the cops at the cabin one day (no registration with me :eek:) and it was a no go :( had to sit and let er warm up before I could roost them :p and yes I did roost them...unintentionally...did I mention this thing hooks up well ;)

Had 'er in some pretty deep powder and still not alot of bogging going on. :d Hammer it and it's there! The boys at T&T set it up pretty sweet!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MBRP can on my 11 M8 and no issues.
No bogging to date and it's got around 400 kms on it right now. It does need to warm up more than my Doo did, once it sits for a bit, say to have lunch or whatever, especially if it's cold - it needs a few minutes before she's good to go. Tried to get away from the cops at the cabin one day (no registration with me :eek:) and it was a no go :( had to sit and let er warm up before I could roost them :p and yes I did roost them...unintentionally...did I mention this thing hooks up well ;)

Had 'er in some pretty deep powder and still not alot of bogging going on. :d Hammer it and it's there! The boys at T&T set it up pretty sweet!

Ya exact same thing as mine, good to hear thats normal, it definitely takes longer to warm up than my dads 08 m8:d

T.O.B.C

Reaction score
I have a 2010 M8, just switched from doo. Mine has low end bog if I let it sit and idle, it is from fuel loading for sure. Mine has hard engagement as well sometimes, it seems as if the secondary doesn't close fully on decelaration when I coast to a stop, It can't be good for the diamond drive as you are shock loading it every time you do that.

Relic

Reaction score
Just had my new m8 out and seems to be the clutchs hagging up.Seems to hammer in sometimes and not outher. Also when coming down hill it will some times feel like cluths are not down shifting.

ACP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my new m8 out and seems to be the clutchs hagging up.Seems to hammer in sometimes and not outher. Also when coming down hill it will some times feel like cluths are not down shifting.

Hey Relic I only ran my stock clutching a couple of times and snow conditions were not great I thought it was ok but changed to a dalton 44/34 progressive helix and a team black spring in the primary so far its good but if you ride alot above 8000 ft or so and depending on your weight you might want to try someone elses advice

gartho

Reaction score
2011 M8 SP 174,SLP Y PIPE,PIPE & CAN,DYNOJET BOX,NO TROUBLE SHE PULLS HARD ALL THE TIME,HAVE HERD THE CLUNK SOMETIMES TAKING OFF,OR SWITCHING FROM REVERSE TO FORWARD,MY 2009 M8 SP 162 MAKES SAME NOISE SOMETIMES??:d

Last edited:
Top Bottom