2011 m1000 sno pro questions HELP Im confused!

bigbore

Reaction score
I want reliability but want it to perform to, i was thinking about Vforce reeds, big mouth air and a Y pipe and thats it. Clutching to but that is different, but I keep reading that the machine runs lean on the top end of rpms and that i should run a fuel mapping accessory, so whats the real deal....... are the machines not EFI? if the are all built by the same factory and we all ride different temperatures and elevation all over the world it obviously is compensating hence the EFI, soooo why is it an issue if you put a Y pipe on it all it does is increase flow alone with the bigmouth air kit an v force reeds? it should compinsate no? Im confused!!!

Also if any one has these mods and is running a decent clutching set up and doesn't mind sharing info let me know. after all thats what these sites are for!
2011 m1000 sno pro 162 track and ride 4000-6000 ft plus at home 2000ft

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ecu has a set calibration for a set amount of air and only adjusts for altitude and temp,if it had a o2 sensor factory to moniter how the engine was running
then it would compensate but adding more air flow will only cause the machine to run lean as it has no way of knowing what your adding

oly

Reaction score
If you want pull the rope and go as well as good power call Brent Linderman 403-564-4673. He tweaked my buddies stock M1000 to handle over 210 HP on the dyno and should put you about 190 HP on the hill. You also will have to buy a pipe as well as a boondocker box. You talk to him though and he will tell you what you all need. My bud deleted the oil tank ( so its premixed) ported bottom and top end, kept the slp pipe he had before and got Linderman to program his boodocker. Pipe will cost about $850, box about $450, $500 bucks to port top end and $500 to port bottom.. and I don;t remember what the oil delete cost. But I say this is the way to go for you!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are lots of options an opinions...best idea is to call Mark in our performance department he can help you out,

780-826-6121

thanks

Terry

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want pull the rope and go as well as good power call Brent Linderman 403-564-4673. He tweaked my buddies stock M1000 to handle over 210 HP on the dyno and should put you about 190 HP on the hill. You also will have to buy a pipe as well as a boondocker box. You talk to him though and he will tell you what you all need. My bud deleted the oil tank ( so its premixed) ported bottom and top end, kept the slp pipe he had before and got Linderman to program his boodocker. Pipe will cost about $850, box about $450, $500 bucks to port top end and $500 to port bottom.. and I don;t remember what the oil delete cost. But I say this is the way to go for you!
yep call brent just like oly said, he well hook u up and the sled well be a pull and go sled for sure!!!!!!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linderman's knowledge can't be beat. You dont need to port if that is too much cost but if you change Y pipe or pipe..more air more fuel...without a controller you will not run long and will regret your changes. Once you change one thing it will generally require a few more changes, clutching, etc.

Reactions: oly

mtm

Reaction score
First ride yesterday on my new to me 08 M1000. 171 kms on it, Vforce reeds SLp y,pipe and can. EGTs and BD. Got my nimbers from Arctic Edge when I bought my extra mount. Not enough snow to tell much but it ran great. Probably fat but that's good I can go from there. Had to cut my power lead for the EGTs to get it to run above idle, apparently not to place to get power from.

• Thanks
Reactions: oly

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Hey mtm,
Did you get any porting or anything else done to your M1000. Did Brent suggest the Reeds and stuff for you or were they already on the Sled.
Thanks

mtm

Reaction score
Reeds were in, original owner had removed the exhaust as he couldn't overcome a serious bog issue. I put the stuff back on and as I said put in the #s I got for the BD. Sled ran great for the first time, can't wait to get into some real snow. Coming off an 01 800 Summit, this thing feels like a nuclear bomb going off when pinned.

mtm

Reaction score
Another ride yesterday again sled ran great but pulled too many RPMs down low. EGTs regrounded to the block worked perfectly. Saw 1150 max even trying to get them hot. Time to look at weights/clutching I guess.

Top Bottom