2011 Front end for 2010 Xp Summit

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2010 600 Suumit Etech for my daughter that I want to change over to 2011 Summit specs for her. After riding the 2011 prototype last year - she will have way easier time on the narrower front end. Anyone looked at this yet? Is there a kit?

Cheers,

Greg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no "kit" to update the pre-2011 sleds to the more narrow 37/35 inch ski stance.

You are dealing with a sled that is already only 40" wide stance. The new DS ski is also a 6.5" vs the Pilot 6.9.

The biggest complaint of the XP's was some had troubles laying the sled over and I would guess that is why they opted for the narrower stance.

So what is it you feel she will have an easier time with a narrower ski stance?

Laying the sled over or steering?

If steering is a concern, its all in the geometry and the set up of the XP. I can't remember when they did the shaft updates, but companies like C3 have come up with "fixes" that many people say work.

My buddies XP feels like a tank to me, but he has a huge amount of ski pressure but he out weighs me by quite a bit. My ski pressure is set very light and turns like a knife in hot butter.

If laying the sled over is the goal, again, geometry. Try to have the riser as close to possible in line with the steering arm. Some people ride with it straight up and down. This doesn't help much when you want to counter steer.

Also, where are the spacers located on the skis? You can reduce the stance almost an inch on either side by moving the spacers in the skis to the opposite side. The spindles will remain the same, but the skis will have moved in.

Hope something in there helps.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bounce:

Her biggest issue is laying the sled over. She just started really working a sled correctly last year in the powder - counter steering, etc. She is 5'9", but only 14 yrs old and 110 lbs. She went from a 550 Freestyle (which I think had a 44 inch front end) to the 600 Etech at the end of last year. It was actually my sled - but she was having so much more fun on it - I just let her ride for the last week we were in the mountains. (and I got to ride rene's turbo Nytro - but that is another story)

I am not too sure where the ski spacers are on that sled? I believe I moved them in last year - but now I am not too sure?? Gotta get that sled out of storage.........

"Dare Ya" set up the sled for me last year - riser is in line with steering arm. Steers well - for her ski pressure seems optimum. She doesn't do any real trail riding on it - we really only get to ride in BC at Owlshead, Blue Lake, Hunters Range, etc.

My feeling after riding the 2011 prototype for 2 days last years what that it was much predictable laying over and much easier to keep there than my 09 or 10. She was just was getting the hang of side-hilling at the end of last season and I really think she would do much better with the narrower front end.......

Last edited:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hi all. I have a 2010 600 Suumit Etech for my daughter that I want to change over to 2011 Summit specs for her. After riding the 2011 prototype last year - she will have way easier time on the narrower front end. Anyone looked at this yet? Is there a kit?

Cheers,

Greg

My dealer told me it was possible, that new a-arms were needed along with the new Pilot DS skis. Stock spindle was kept, along with shocks...

Heard this from Mr R's in Lethbridge, but they didnt know when the parts would be available, they werent through the summer...

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bounce:

"Dare Ya" set up the sled for me last year - riser is in line with steering arm. Steers well - for her ski pressure seems optimum. She doesn't do any real trail riding on it - we really only get to ride in BC at Owlshead, Blue Lake, Hunters Range, etc.

My feeling after riding the 2011 prototype for 2 days last years what that it was much predictable laying over and much easier to keep there than my 09 or 10. She was just was getting the hang of side-hilling at the end of last season and I really think she would do much better with the narrower front end.......

We could only wish to get to ride the Mous every ride! :d Hopefully this year we will be out that way quite a bit more.

Have you already ditched the sway bar on her sled? 2010 bars were a lighter bar than previous sleds, but it can still be taken out to help the sled give a little more.

If Longhorn has the correct info then you should be set!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
We could only wish to get to ride the Mous every ride! :d Hopefully this year we will be out that way quite a bit more.

Have you already ditched the sway bar on her sled? 2010 bars were a lighter bar than previous sleds, but it can still be taken out to help the sled give a little more.

If Longhorn has the correct info then you should be set!

Verbal discussion with my dealer, take it for what its worth LOL...

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would imagine a new set of a-arms and tie rods and you would be laughing. Not everyone is happy about the new narrowed up stance, so you might be able to trade someone who is buying a 2011.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard your will need the shocks off a 2011 as well, not just the a-arms, tie rods etc...

Top Bottom