2011 e-tec in coming you way...

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-gals.
Its Lucas aka "Steel Town" from Bowcycle South in Calgary. We are having are our open house/spring check event at our north bowness location this Friday and Saturday26/27 if you want to check out the new 2011's we will have a freeride, x ,everest and a backcontry x there to view.
But more importantly we are bringing a demo 2011 summit x 154 e-tec with us to Gorman on Sunday. Any Snow and mudders who are interested we are meeting in the parking lot 10 ish, but we will meet in the parking lot of Subway at 9:30(leaving at 9:30). And yes, if you would like, you are welcome to try the new sled......
send me a pm here or @ lucasf@bowcycle.com if you would like to RSVP to try the sled so I do not miss anybody who wants to try it...
BBRRRRAAAPPP
Lucas

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wish i could make it,,, should be a gooder....

please report back on the e-tec........

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be nice to try out. i just read in the new issue of snowtech mag that the e-tec is only avail as a snowcheck option all the other 2011's are going back to the power tech engine:( . kinda pushin a guy to bite the bullet a little early maybe.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lucas it was good getting out with you and the Bo Cycle crew on sunday. Gatta say the e-tec was great, i was pretty skeptical about the whole thing but it impressed. The smoothness and clutching for the sled was great. The narrow ski stance did help when you are working in the trees. Felt alot easier to pull over then my 08 summit. The idle and sound was incrediblely low hahah i often felt it was going to die. The rear suspension was real nice, ski lift was 0-6 inchs and could go 3ft+ on demand. My personal opinion is thats what yea want. I was suprised how the power came on, racing against the 2010 m8 up hill it had 3 sled lengths consistantly, lol and that m8 did have a slp pipe kit on it.

cudos to ski doo for doing a awasome job on this sled:beer:

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lucas it was good getting out with you and the Bo Cycle crew on sunday. Gatta say the e-tec was great, i was pretty skeptical about the whole thing but it impressed. The smoothness and clutching for the sled was great. The narrow ski stance did help when you are working in the trees. Felt alot easier to pull over then my 08 summit. The idle and sound was incrediblely low hahah i often felt it was going to die. The rear suspension was real nice, ski lift was 0-6 inchs and could go 3ft+ on demand. My personal opinion is thats what yea want. I was suprised how the power came on, racing against the 2010 m8 up hill it had 3 sled lengths consistantly, lol and that m8 did have a slp pipe kit on it.

cudos to ski doo for doing a awasome job on this sled:beer:

Thanks for coming out, it was fun riding with your family.
We were all so stoked with that new sled, the engine is killer and it was just so easy to sidehill, if you even think about side hilling it does it. I rode my sled back to back with the new 2011, and where I had to work my ass off to simply side hill an area, the new 2011 would not only side hill the same spot with half the effort but actually turn up the hill.
I could not believe how good that 800 e-tec works, so much power and it's just so smooth, the competition has their work cut out for them.....
I also thought that the new non ported track was awsome too. It will be good to see how it works in deep revy pow sometime.
Glad your family had a good time and I'll see you soon. That ride back out of Cirque was nasty, it was like riding with my eyes closed.
Lucas

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry lucas got called to work:(..... was loading to come and got the half day call,:rant:payed to ride haha hope you had fun

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry lucas got called to work:(..... was loading to come and got the half day call,:rant:payed to ride haha hope you had fun

No worries Mark, too bad you did not get to try it though....
I'm trying to keep it for the rest of the season but it's looking hard to do( all the dealers in my area want it. If I get it again for a day I'll shoot you a PM.

Lucas

Top Bottom