2011 800 Etec cutting out

Nordeggab

Reaction score
I have a 2011 etec 800 with 4400 k that quits when you hold wide open open throttle. Its not over revving or over heating.I run fresh shell premium.I took it to a dealer and it has no problem codes and they found nothing wrong. I brought it home and it does the same thing.If you stop and restart it then it will run fine for a few minutes and pull hard but then it will quit again.If you trail ride it would run all day.What could make it cut out with out throwing a code?
Thanks for any help. Brent

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 12 just up and died once and it wound up being a little chunk of wire that somehow wound up in the stator windings and was shorting something to ground.but mine just died it didn't start again. could there be a wiring issue? like the kill switch ? or the DESS key wiring? these would cause it to die with no code.Does it straight up die like you hit the kill or does it bogg down till it stalls? Could there be a fuel restriction? this would be a problem that arises at full throttle.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
I just finished changing the 500 dollar fuel pump and filters and it never changed anything.Any time I rev it over 7500 for a few seconds it acts like its out of fuel. When I let off the throttle it will run again after a few seconds.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well crap dude

Beats the he'll out of me

U have checked the rave, bellows, springs inside ect

sent while I should be drinking tea's

Nordeggab

Reaction score
no the dealer told me that if it was the raves it would show a code. Maybe I'll go find the knock sensor and take it off the engine and leave it plugged into the ECM and see if that helps.

Last edited:

xpsledneck

Reaction score
sounds like raves to me too. i would check them to see if they are working right regardless what the dealer says.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
I've never looked at them. Is it something I need to take it to the dealer for?

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 13 did something similar wide open on climbs it was like I hit the kill switch and then pulled popped it up again, turned out to be my injectors.

B-Mac

Reaction score
Hey OP, have you figured anything out yet on the problem? My '11 just started doing the same thing too.

harveyr1

Reaction score
Injectors... Mine did the same thing last year. It got worse and worse until it finally just would hardly run.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take to a good dealer. do a fuel flow and pressure test with BUDS. sounds like fuel issue.

Top Bottom