2010 Yamaha Nytro aftermarket suspension

Bondhogg

Reaction score
Hi. I bent my lower A arm, and am not really interested in buying the stock nytro a arm, so i want to replace the front suspension. Any luck out there with aftermarket suspensions.?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i would try the new Z-Bros kit with the plus 3. the old kit handle nicely, so the new kit has to be that much better. my dealer quoted my $1050.00. anyone else get a price?

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the skins 3+ forward works well too like mine made a big diff in handling,cr is now making a 3+ kit now too

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We sell the Skinz 4 and a half inch forward kit. I have 2 left in stock. To change to handling of the Nytro's it is all about weight transfer. The further ahead you can get that front end the better the weight transfer. The better the weight transfer the more readily it will accept your rider input. Our kits sell for $1055.00 plus gst and shipping. To order you can give me a call at 1-403-866-8729 or shoot me a pm.

Jan

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Z Bros doesn't require the front shocks to have the spherical bushings in the shocks as the shocks stay in basically the stock position. What about the Skinz front end?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the skinz, and i would say go with the zbros front end. Much better quality.

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sell the Skinz 4 and a half inch forward kit. I have 2 left in stock. To change to handling of the Nytro's it is all about weight transfer. The further ahead you can get that front end the better the weight transfer. The better the weight transfer the more readily it will accept your rider input. Our kits sell for $1055.00 plus gst and shipping. To order you can give me a call at 1-403-866-8729 or shoot me a pm.

Jan

Remember to get the shocks fitted with spherical bushings to use this kit on a Nytro, or new shocks. I had mine refitted, then went to the Raptor shocks that will work on the Skinz front end.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The Skinz kit requires a $5.00 conversion kit that you can order from Nextech. The further ahead you can get those skis from under the engine compartment the better your sled is going to respond to rider input.

The Skinz kit is a true 4.5 inch forward kit that has addressed both the castor angle, how far your spindle sits from the 90 degree to the side which will actually pull the ski back they have adjusted this angle from 18 degrees to 22 degrees. The camber angle which looking at your spindle from the front is the amount it is pulling in or out this has been adjusted to about negative 1 degree this will affect the way your ski travels over the varying terrain.

All of these components factor into how much your front end kit is actually sitting forward. You can't just put a front end kit in without doing all the math and fine tuning all these variables to give you the rider the maximum benefit to the handling of the sled. A tremendous amount of testing and tuning has gone into the Skinz kit to get it just right. The quality that has gone into these kits is second to none.

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Remember to get the shocks fitted with spherical bushings to use this kit on a Nytro, or new shocks. I had mine refitted, then went to the Raptor shocks that will work on the Skinz front end.

How are you liking your raptor shocks? I have them in my rear skid and absolutely love them!

Jan

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Z Bros doesn't require the front shocks to have the spherical bushings in the shocks as the shocks stay in basically the stock position. What about the Skinz front end?
OK...so Skinz needs the spherical bushings....

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Funny how the short Floats in the rear skid (T-Sled) have spherical bushings (where they don't need them) and the long ones on the front do not.

Ditch em.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting them rebuilt and revalved right now....gonna try that first.

Mine sacked out in the rear in spring of last year. Gone this year. They were new last year

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this five dollar kit the upper and lower spherical bearings?
S i need 2 kits one for each side?
Cant be too high of quality for $5
You will need 4 new bearings/bushings and a machine shop needs to install them in Floats that have the standard bushings.

Top Bottom